Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So...weekend projects?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So...weekend projects?

although i am technically doing it tonight...what are you weekend projects if any....

i am going to drain my brakes to put on my new SS lines and ship out my calipers to get painted as well as take the plunge and cut up my fairings to put in my frame sliders.....

anyone have bike related projects going on this weekend...or any other projects for that matter???

next week, i am doing my APE CCT and hopefully mounting my new painted calipers and finishing my LED body lighting install...

Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Default RE: So...weekend projects?

Actually I have to redo some wiring for my surround sound system in my apartment. I had the god daughter over the other day, took my eyes off her for literally one second and she grabbed wires and started pulling. She's only 15 months but she pulled all the wires off the walls. So needless to say I have to redo that and find a better way of hiding them. I just had them stapled to the wall just above the bass boards being that its an apartment. I'm probably just going to clean the bike this weekend being that my season is almost over, they're calling for cold temperatures to start next week.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Just changed the oil and put some decals on the bike. Going to CA Speedway for a trackday Sunday.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what color you paiting it? i think Gold would be so tight...maybe i'll do that for my birthday...go to pepboys and buy some caliper paint....it'll be like getting something new for my bike but not really!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered Users

actually i am going to have them powdercoated from this one place....$30 if you disassemble them yourself (which is easy) for ALL THREE calipers!!!!! here's a pic...

so basically i have to get them out by monday so i can get them back and put them on...

i am getting em just like that..in "Honda red"...can't wait

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

actually i am going to have them powdercoated from this one place....$30 if you disassemble them yourself (which is easy) for ALL THREE calipers!!!!! here's a pic...

so basically i have to get them out by monday so i can get them back and put them on...

i am getting em just like that..in "Honda red"...can't wait
Thats a pretty good price for the pc. Around where I live you would be payindouble that for the 3. Should look sick once you put those puppies on

Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 AM

Wow, looks nice!
I get to look forward to rippin the front calapers and rotors off of my '88 GMC parts truck and put them on my '89 chevy. The current front LH rotor is so worn out that you actually see the damn vents from the rim side...the outside rotor surface is GONE!

On top of that, I'll be tourching out the rear axle and any other parts that I want to save for backups to the good truck. I'm sure that I'll be helping my old man since I'll be out at the farm with other **** so it's going to be a cold out-door work filled weekend...I can't wait.

If all goes well, I just might be able to squeeze in some time for "Blam Blam" and tear around for a while around the area. Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered Users

yeah i thought that was a good price too...i am shipping the calipers to them to do....you can probably tell where i am having it done (wink:wink).....normally i thought it would be a lot more too which is why i am jumping on it...i think my price is slightly lower too because i am going to be doing some other stuff through them to so they have an "order list" that i will be doing with them....include peg lights, subframe, etc......oh and the price INCLUDES return shipping....i can't wait to see the quality...

they should look sick on because i have spiegler SS lines with red coating with black fittings and black banjo bolts so it will be red calipers with black connections to red lines....(reference my other post to see how i am so **** - LOL).....

Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM

no projects this weekend but i am going to the drag strip on saturday to have some fun on the 929 before it gets to cold out

Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm adopting a puppy here in a few hours.............so I'm pretty sure I won't have anytime this weekend for projects........other than steam cleaning poo out of the carpets.

Quick Reply: So...weekend projects?