CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

front turn signal

Old 06-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Default front turn signal

This kind of embarrasing, but here goes. I have a 91 f2 since new. For the first time I have to replace the front turn signal bulb. The manual says "remove the under screw and pull the fixture out." I have tried without success to remove that little bugger. I looked up parts and know there is a hook tab on the front of the lens. I have tried pushing in on the front while pulling at the back and every permutation available. I stop, because it is only plastic and I really don't want to break it. I modified my body work tabs to make it easier to remove and replace as it always felt like I could break them at any time. I'm guessing that the light lens is no different.

So, anyone got any tips on pulling the lens?

Thanx

Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by gpfan1 View Post
This kind of embarrasing, but here goes. I have a 91 f2 since new. For the first time I have to replace the front turn signal bulb. The manual says "remove the under screw and pull the fixture out." I have tried without success to remove that little bugger. I looked up parts and know there is a hook tab on the front of the lens. I have tried pushing in on the front while pulling at the back and every permutation available. I stop, because it is only plastic and I really don't want to break it. I modified my body work tabs to make it easier to remove and replace as it always felt like I could break them at any time. I'm guessing that the light lens is no different.

So, anyone got any tips on pulling the lens?

Thanx
Last time I pulled mine (a while ago) I seem to remember that you just remove the under screw. Then you kind of twist the lens out of the bodywork. You don't pull it straight out, it kind of pivots a bit and then comes loose.