CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

fork dampner/rear spring adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fork dampner/rear spring adjustment?

I was sitting on my 94 f2 and noticed that the adjustment on my forks are not even close to be relatively even. so i checked the rear spring and thats set at 3. how do i go about adjusting the softness on my front shocks and my rear spring. it rides fine but i would like to stiffen everything up a litlle bit. thanks,.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Default RE: fork dampner/rear spring adjustment?

Basic setup and information about suspension... should help you get back to center and adjust from there...

http://www.kgrant.co.uk/Per_Handling2.htm

Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 PM

The rear spring has a coil that is adjustable via a spanner wrench that is in the tool kit that came with the bike. I think the spring pre-load goes from 1 to 7. There is also a screw on the right hand side that I believe adjusts the rebound/damping and that turns CW/CCW. The forks (at least on my 92) do not have the screw ports as shown on the linked website. There appears to be bosses there for some future machining, but no cap or screw to be found. The only thing I have on the front is the slotted fittings and I have mine turned all the way in as the bike was diving pretty bad at stops. (I go 275lbs)

I read somewhere on this board that the F3 front shocks will switch onto an F2 and they allow better adjustment. I'm looking into either upgrading mine or getting stiffer springs so I don't have such a mushy front end.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

The rear spring has a coil that is adjustable via a spanner wrench that is in the tool kit that came with the bike. I think the spring pre-load goes from 1 to 7. There is also a screw on the right hand side that I believe adjusts the rebound/damping and that turns CW/CCW. The forks (at least on my 92) do not have the screw ports as shown on the linked website. There appears to be bosses there for some future machining, but no cap or screw to be found. The only thing I have on the front is the slotted fittings and I have mine turned all the way in as the bike was diving pretty bad at stops. (I go 275lbs)

I read somewhere on this board that the F3 front shocks will switch onto an F2 and they allow better adjustment. I'm looking into either upgrading mine or getting stiffer springs so I don't have such a mushy front end.
Try some heavier springs...aftermarket ones...etc.

You could use some thicker fork oil as well...this will help a little bit.

Also...look into losing some girth.

When I bought my latest bike back in Dec. 06, I had ballooned to the heaviest I have ever been...256 lbs.

I'm now down to about 200...although the jacket I bought with my bike back in Dec. makes me look heavier than Santa Clause...

Just cut out sweets...no candy, cookies, snacks...**** like that.

If I have to munch on something...it's an orange, plum, peach, salad with vinnagarette.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 AM

thanks dudes the website was exactly what i was looking for........i dont have the original tool kit i bought the bike last year and did not come with any tools. but im sure some primitive tools will work just fine ....cresent wrench, channel locks and a screw driver.