CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F4 Cush Drive on 900 wheel on F2

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F4 Cush Drive on 900 wheel on F2

Does anyone know if it will fit. I am getting a 900 rear wheel from ebay to modify and put on my F2. You all know machine your drive, make up new spacer, blah blah blah to make it all line up. But I was looking on ebay and the newer hub/cushdrive/sprocket carrier is THINNER which might allow just a bunch of part swapping. I dont know, do any of you know. I hate to waste of bunch of money trying to figure something out and it not work. When in the long run I could have just had a stock F2 rear wheel widened by Kosman for about $400. And wouldnt have to have any maching done to nothing. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will never know til you try and if it doesn work... Put it back on ebay.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Well, I got 900 wheel, 900 axle and spacers, the right side 900 spacer works to keep the brake bracket in the correct spot except I need to thin down the right side of the brake bracket to get the wheel to move over in the right place. About .312 thousandths of an inch. What I did was mount all my stock F2 stuff (wheel without tire) and hung a weighted string from my subframe til it touched the right side of the wheel. Then moved the string over to the right a half inch, then mounted 900 wheel with spacer and brake bracket til it was against the swing arm, measured space between the 900 wheel and string and got .312. Seems like its gonna work. Once I get the right side done I'll work on the left side. I've been thru all those other wheel swap threads but they just confuse me. I need to do it my own way. When I'm done I'll post some pictures.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:25 PM

I don't really get how your measuring, but I will say this. The wheel doesn't sit central in the swingarm.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 PM

I understand what you're saying pmb5, and I could see that what I said might not make any sense to anyone. But if you could for instance mark where the edges of the stock wheel is with all the stock stuff mounted (spacers, sprocket, brake bracket etc) without the tire. Then add a half inch on each side, that would be where the 900 wheel would go. Now, the spacer on the right keeps the brake bracket in the proper place so the disc is in the proper place also. Except the brake bracket need thinned to allow the 900 wheel to move that half inch to the right. The width of the F2 wheel is 5.25 inches and the 900 wheel is 6.25. I also understand the the wheel is not in the center of the swingarm. I doesnt matter where the wheel is in the swingarm as long as it is in line with the front wheel and the sprockets are also in line. Confusing as hell. But it makes sense to me. I might not get this done by the time the first track day gets here. Thanks for listening and the help.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM

that makes sense. I did that as a final check on my measurements, you cant' guarantee the bearings are in the same place relative to the outer part of the wheel.

I did mine by making cones I stuck both side of the bike in the front spindle, swingarm spindle and the rear wheel spindle. Then make sure all the measurements were the same either side of the bike. (also proves the bike is not bent) Then I used straight edges bottled to the rear wheel to get it central with the front wheel. Once thatr was done I machined down the sprocket carrier to line up with the front sprocket.

BTW I run my front sprocket flipped over (reversed) so it sticks out more (less to machine down on the rear sprocket carrier) as I also converted to a 520 chain at the same time.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 PM

I cant believe that makes sense to someone besides me.lol. The way you did yours makes sense to me also.lol. I also thought about the front sprocket. If it was pulled out a little bit, less to remove from the sprocket carrier. I wonder how far you could pull it out, safely. I was wanting to try those Pirelli Track Day Slicks, but I still might not get all the stuff done, its cold as hell in my garage and I am working 7 days a week to save up for track days and stuff. Might just say the heck with it and get Bridgstone YCX race slicks (stock sizes), tire warmers, and front stand. Thanks again, your the MAN!