CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

cbr600f-n starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr600f-n starting issues

hi all,new to cbr forums so i apolagise ahead if i post in the wrong place.
right ive recently bought a k plate cbr600f.bought as a project as it was left outside for six months and the mot has recently ran out.it still has 6 months tax tho.when i first saw the bike it didnt want to start as the battery was low,we charged it up and got it fired up,after a little warm i took it for a ride,it seemed to be hesitating quite a lot in the lower revs,but when it hits around 5 thou it doesnt do it,it sort of fires into life and flies,plus i noticed a bit of light coloured smoke comming from the exhaust,plus the front wheel seems to be turning in when im leaning.[could a slightly rumbling bearing cause that?]and the choke was really stiff and wouldnt relese by itself
ended up paying 500 notes fir it.
the next day the battery was completly dead and wouldnt hold a charge so i couldnt start it.decided to give it a good look over while waiting for a new battery.
so checked all air box/filter/pipes,no splits or leaks that i could see it was clean but did notice a k,n filter in there
checked over the carbs,nothing seems blocked and theres defo petrol getting thru.[i can smell it around the exhaust when turning over]
gave off a preety big bang aswell.
got new battery on and still she wont fire.
pulled out no 1 plug and it was stinking black,checked the spark and was very weak.[it was an iridium plug]
so i was going to buy a new set of plugs and go from there.
i did tip a bitt of petrol straight to the carb but still didnt fire.
the exhaust is new,it says simiprofessianal on it,not sure if its a performance exhaust.im starting to think that if the previous owner had a k,n filter,exhaust and iridium pluggs put in.mabey he didnt jet/sync the carbs afterwards,[if they needed it]would that cause any of the the symptoms ive discribed?
sorry for the long story,thought if i could give a warts and all description it may help with resolving any of the above issues.
any help/advice/critisim all welcome and apreciated

Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****

thanx all for all the replys and help,much apreciated.think ill be closing down my account as this site is crap.nobody wants to help anyone just point out the obvious,found a better site with real people who actually try to help others.all the best ****ers.