CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

BIKE HANDLES.....KINDA STRANGE ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIKE HANDLES.....KINDA STRANGE ???

Ok got me a brand new "PILOT POWER" (105.00 from "CHAPPEREL") for the front and while I was at it the wheel bearings to boot, the right side wheel bearing was bad, so an all new kit from "ALL *****" (15.95 from my local KAWI shop) and 2 hours of my own labor ( total) and I am on the road !!!!!!!!![sm=happybounce.gif] Sooooooo I'am riding down the road and the bike just feels differant, handles kinda strange, before the tire change and the bearing kit, I did alot of counter streering for entering a turn and pulling up out of the turn, not always leaning per say but more of a counter steer, Ok so now the bike just automatically just wants to lean into the turns with out much effort on my part kinda scared the crap out me, now this is like the first front tire i've put on the bike + new wheel bearings, is this normal ????? I was used to the handling before, now is it new and improved ???? and I need to get used to the better handling ????? or am I all F#CKED UP in the head ??? and need to just get over it and ride !!!

Old 06-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Default RE: BIKE HANDLES.....KINDA STRANGE ???

I had the exact same experience when I swapped my tires last year. I went from Michelin Pilot (don't remember exact model) and put the Metzeler Sportec M1s on. The bike felt really nimble and like it wanted to turn with no effort at all. After ~100 miles I was used to it, but it was strange. I just chalked it up to a different profile on the tire.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:34 AM

that happened to me as well, the tires on the CBR were horrible when i got it.. I got new M1's and the bike just wanted to fall into the turns with little effort. It took a few days out to get used to it.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:25 PM

Going from ****ty tires to new ones will always bring back that new bike feel. Different profiles will also affect turn in effort. Larger rolling diamater in rear will give it a rear up chassis pitch as opposed to a worn rear tire, again, helping turn in. Same with the actual profile of the tire. Different tires have different pitch desings and some allow for quicker turn in, while others will slow it down. It's normal and you will get used to it.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 AM

If the bike feels like it wants to turn corners in a straight line, either the wheels are out of line or frame twisted
as it was ok before it must be a wheel out of line. did you put all the wheel spacers in the right way?????[]

Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM

I had the same thing happen after I had the fork seal replaced and the ride height adjusted up 20mm (it was dropped 30 mm) After a day or so of riding like that, the bike felt great and handling felt good too. Just gotta get used to it. like u said "just gotta get over it and ride"

Old 06-26-2006, 02:17 PM

Rode some more, its feelin pretty nice now, sweet in fact, got a new found confidence in the front end in the corners

Old 09-03-2006, 02:06 AM

wait till you replace that rear tire also with a pilot power. they have a very rapid turn in and make the bike feel like its just gonna fall right over. its awesome after you get used to it but a little nerve wrecking until you do. and you guys running the metz tires, let me give you a little bit of hard learned advice. when you are about to take that tire off and someone says "just do a burnout and burn it down before you replace it" DONT DO IT. that tire is steel belted and they seperate quite easily from the carcass sdestroying everything they hit. after a broken hugger, taillight, and a license plate that was cut in half, ill never try that one again with anything other than dunlop or michelin tires.