New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Bike...kinda..any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bike...kinda..any ideas?

I haven't ridden in a few years but finally got my wife to agree to let me buy a crashed 2005 CBR 600 F4I. Motor and frame are solid. It cartwheeled and needs new forks, rear subframe and body. I've taken off most everything except the motor, frame, swing arm and wiring harnesses.
I'd love to hear ideas on how to make this bike unique. I'm getting ready to polish the frame. Any thoughts on the tail or body?
I just moved to Tampa (Brandon actually) and don't know anyone who rides. So i'm also interested to know where the best local shops are?

Old 12-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Bike...kinda..any ideas?

Welcome!!!

Congrats on the new to you bike! IMO one of the best mods you can do to an '04+ F4i is the split seat tail swap. There's a handful of people here that have done it, myself included. Looks waaaaay better.

I'm not all too creative when it comes to custom stuff, but I'm sure somebody will have some ideas. Good luck with it!

Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Banned

Tampa is the land of extended swingarms, so resist that mod. I would go streetfighter too, plastics are too expensive and look a little passe. Welcome to the site.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and [sm=welcomesign.gif]
Good luck on the rebuild.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 PM

No worrys as I don't like extended swingarms... I like winding roads with tight corners.

I like Hondajunkie's solo seat. Where did you order it from?
Other than an older F4i split seat (which I am leaning toward) Are there any other tail sections from other bikes that will fit?

I saw a website from a guy in Texas "Rockwall Performance" that does carbon fiber fairings. Is anyone familiar with him? I figure if I buy after market and paint it I will end up spending about the same amount as bare carbon fiber. I'm not sure if he does the F4i but the 600RR was $1,200...Although if I could do it a lot cheaper with plastic I would....Thoughts?

Old 12-29-2007, 06:47 PM

If your leaning towards saving money... check out eracings fairings, street version. Full body set from them is good and runs about $400 unpainted. Take those fairings over to Maaco and let them paint them for about $250 they should let you pick any color in their premium paint line up. Some maaco's just try to push jobs thru the shop fast, while other Maaco's will do really good work for the money.

If your going for all out performance and style come to me.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:49 PM

I tried looking up eracings but couldn't find a distributor. I also heard they don't make them for the F4I?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM

hey. good luck on the rebuild.

i'm rebuilding an ex-CBR900rr stunter-bike right now, pretty much have everything missing.

---richard

Old 12-29-2007, 10:16 PM

I know this has been asked a million times but what are some other good manufacturers of fairings?

Quick Reply: New Bike...kinda..any ideas?