CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Am I crazy to sell my F2 so soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks G Shock, that was the simple info I needed. I was more curious than anything.

Who says I don't want the bike? I started saving from the second summer of having an XR 80, realizing riding was simple enough to skip 125s because I knew id want a motorcycle. The thing is amazing and I love it. I don't regret buying it one bit, but living in Ohio and missing out on the whole "big dirt bike" thing was sort of depressing. It doesnt matter though, I talked to the kid who had cash in hand last night and told him I'm keeping it.

Thanks for that carb cleaning Post, Dissevered. It looks like I might just have a chance. My bike stutters right around 4.5 or so rpms. I guess from reading your post it is the Pilot Jets? I am just too new and apprehensive about going in and cleaning all of it myself. How clean can I get it without changing any tuning screws? I wouldnt know how to tune lean or rich settings at all and dont want to ruin it if it runs alright in its current state. Maybe I should just fork over the money and have it done the first time. Do some mechanics allow you to look over their shoulder as they work lol?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antatious
Thanks G Shock, that was the simple info I needed. I was more curious than anything.

Who says I don't want the bike? I started saving from the second summer of having an XR 80, realizing riding was simple enough to skip 125s because I knew id want a motorcycle. The thing is amazing and I love it. I don't regret buying it one bit, but living in Ohio and missing out on the whole "big dirt bike" thing was sort of depressing. It doesnt matter though, I talked to the kid who had cash in hand last night and told him I'm keeping it.

Thanks for that carb cleaning Post, Dissevered. It looks like I might just have a chance. My bike stutters right around 4.5 or so rpms. I guess from reading your post it is the Pilot Jets? I am just too new and apprehensive about going in and cleaning all of it myself. How clean can I get it without changing any tuning screws? I wouldnt know how to tune lean or rich settings at all and dont want to ruin it if it runs alright in its current state. Maybe I should just fork over the money and have it done the first time. Do some mechanics allow you to look over their shoulder as they work lol?

i paid 75 bucks for a clean and sync job which was cool with me. It would be good to learn how to sync and clean carbs even if you decide to sell the bike later on. Its good to sync the carbs every year anyway. I had mine tuned in january and it seemed like it had a sputter when summer came around. It might have been bcuz i shortened the 2 bros or it couldve just been my imagination. I've heard you should sync the carbs atleast every year but thats just hear say.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 PM

So I dug into it a little today. I am just about to get the carbs off. I am guessing it hasnt been cleaned in a good while because I spent about 30 minutes yanking it back and forth. It is rocking quite a bit I think its just about ready to come off though. Can I pull from the side closest to the rear tire as hard as I can without damaging anything once it is rocking back and forth quite a bit? It keeps feeling closer and closer but wont come off...

Should I be concerned about the redish residue in the pics?

Also, I am a little confused about disconnecting the throttle cables. I removed them from the brackets as you can see in the pic but I dont know how to disconnect the wires from the actual carb. Is it a whole bracket I remove with a few screws or something? I'll go look more on the forums, but thanks very much for the help. Much appreciated.

Sorry the picture is pretty bad

Attached Thumbnails Am I crazy to sell my F2 so soon-0813092322a.jpg  

Last edited by antatious; 08-13-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM

guess mine has a lotta life left i got it off a 5 1 lezbo with 7500 miles for 1500 bucks...and as for being able to clean carbs i didnt what to do until i read the 101 thread easy as hell

Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM

No, just sell me the front fairing stay ;P