CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Thoughts on Carb Kit - 6 Sigma Jet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Carb Kit - 6 Sigma Jet Kit

I searched and didn't find any mention of this company or its products mentioned in this forum.

6 Sigma Jet Kit - Jet kits for carburetors

They have an eBay auction specifically targeted to the F1.

I think they use some overly-dramatic language (lean conditions will DESTROY your engine!!)

But, I still think the benefits seem appealing (I ride at high altitude, and have mild but consistent backfiring off throttle going downhill...)

Tahoe Rider has said that our carbs don't stand in the way of power output.
If you're concerned about HP the stock carbs are not going to limit your ability to make more..

But, It makes sense that with intake and exhaust there would be potential for more performance from a tuned carb kit.

All in all, it seems like very good value for the parts/service and individualized tuning.

Very recently my idle became unstable and rough. I need to do a carb clean/synch.

And part of me is thinking that while I have everything apart, I might as well upgrade...

Old 07-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no reason to upgrade over stage 1 if you have not made the bike breath easier. I.e. filter, airbox modifications, exhaust, head work, port work, compression ratio changes, etc.

A large difference in elevation would require a slight rejet, but not a huge difference level. Usually a washer on the needle or one size smaller or larger stock jets would be all that's needed for elevation only changes.

Looking at their website they are full of it. The "only jet kits custom designed for the vehicle".

BS!

Every jet kit has been custom designed. Look at the factory pro and dynojet kits for these bikes. Both have multiple years of design and racing under their belts before being sold to the aftermarket. I especially love the "DYNO" chart at the bottom of their main page. No HP numbers, no RPM numbers, no what vehicle was used, barometric readings or anything. Just a generic chart any dinkus could whip up in photoshop in a few minutes.

Here is the "chart", linked directly from their webpage.

lol! That shows nothing.

My suggestion is get one of the Factory Pro or Dynoket kits off Ebay. The cost is not that much more than the 6sigma, and you are getting a race proven, quality part.

Edit:

I read through some of the testimonials. The first one that pulled up on my browser speaks about how his bike wouldn't rev right or work correctly. After a thorough cleaning and the installation of the jet kit, the bike suddenly is amazing.

Anyone who has ever had a carb problem knows the first thing is a thorough cleaning.

Last edited by drakito; 07-23-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dynamic Entry

Tahoe Rider has said that our carbs don't stand in the way of power output.

But, It makes sense that with intake and exhaust there would be potential for more performance from a tuned carb kit.
I should note that this was in reference to someone wanting to swap to different carbs, not that stock carbs with stock jetting will not limit performance. If you're adding a higher flow air filter, drilled airbox, exhaust, etc. you will need to upgrade the jets and needles accordingly. I have a Yoshimura stage 1 jet kit installed on mine.

Last edited by TahoeRider; 07-29-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Registered Users

I bought one of the 6 Sigma jet kits a while back, it it did make a very noticeable difference. For the money spent it was a great upgrade. I spent way more on my exhaust, and didn't get anywhere near the difference I felt with their kit.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Eric's post! Both of the 2 posts you have ever made on this forum both reference 6 sigma. That is real verifiable experience that we can trust!

/end sarcasm.

On the jet kits:
Stg 1 and 2 dynojet:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynojet-Stag...7bf148&vxp=mtr

Factory pro:
http://www.factorypro.com/
You do have to go through the online sales tab, then search by model. The good news it shows everything they make for the hurricane. At the bottom is also a huge write up of the winning formula used on the tracks back then.

Last edited by drakito; 07-23-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the input guys, it helps.

TahoeRider, thanks for the clarification.

I need to do my maintenance first (carb clean & sync, valve clearance, CCT), and should probably decide if I will switch out the jets after.

It is just tempting to swap the jets during the carb clean...

I have a K&N filter and Laser slip-on exhaust. Very basic stuff, but sounds like it could make at least some use of stage 1 jets.

That said, I don't necessarily know that the jets are stock. The filter and exhaust came with it. I don't know how to identify whether the jets are stock or not.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM

All the jets have the sizes stamped into them, so when you pull the bowls/jets to clean them you'll be able to tell what size they are. I don't know the factory sizes off hand, but they should be in the manual or available somewhere here. As for the needles the easiest way to tell is the stock one should only have one clip groove in them, and most aftermarket ones should have multiple grooves to adjust the height.

It would probably be a good idea to see what you have first before ordering a jet kit, but if you find it is all stock I would suggest installing a stage 1 before putting it back together. With stock jetting and an upgraded intake & exhaust it will probably be running lean on stock jetting.