CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Project Started Finally(lotsa pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Project Started Finally(lotsa pics)

is the muffler mounted to the stock mount on the f4i brackets or did you fab it?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OjaiCBRF1

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not I don't know much about our bikes, Having the F4i pegs would maybe change the mounting location slightly of the muffler? If having those pegs could we now mount mufflers for a F4i or are the mufflers actually "tuned" for a F4i? Do you have it done and back together? Looks/Sounds awesome I can't wait to come across that exhaust system. Post pictures when its all done
yeah it does change, if you notice how the D&D bracket is a steel band which adjusts for this, my exhaust has a fixed welded mount which i beat senseless with a hammer into the right angle using the curb, it was already banged up so i didnt care about damaging it, and im replacing it soon too. you may also have to get the midpipe to move slightly further over the headers as well (3rd pic), i just made it wider and retightened the clamp.

the V&H should have enough play on its mount to work as well.

as for your exhaust question, they typically are designed to work with the bike they are listed for, you *can* use any pipe on any bike if you manage to get it to mount up correclty, but the bike may need to be rejetted (carb jets) or remapped (fuel injection) to allow for the tuning. I have seen all sorts of exhaust put on these because of the lack of aftermarket pipes nowadays, one of them being a GSXR pipe.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 PM

Thanks rrasco! I think I am just going to keep my eyes out for that D&D system. Sounds awesome and looks even better. Im going to be looking in to doing this mod also, very soon, although im going to try and use some very slick looking "bullet" rear turn signals from a Harley. And if you didnt happen to see my other post, clear tailight lense....I wont spill any details till I dive in to the project and see if its going to work/look good. But, the tailight lense is for sure and will be done within the month. sooner if i have additional interest.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK finished the chain and brakes tuesday night and finally took her out tonight. All I can say is WOOOOHOOOO!
Brakes way faster with a firmer feel and less pull to either side. Very nuetral now, and single handedly the best upgrade I've done. I love it! I keep undershooting all my brake points now and stopping forvever before I need too with less effort. Ya!

The sprocket set is awesome! Revs much faster when pulling and knocked about 1/2 second(with exhaust)off of the 0-60. The only drawback is cruising speeds, everything goes up 1k so 65 mph=6k or so. Makes the front end very happy to come up with full throttle(not to the bp), just a twist and up it goes in 1 and 2. Even 6th feels much snappier now.

The only thing that sucked about the install was breaking the freaking links. Biggest pain I've dealt with in forever. The links are stronger than the link breaker I had and broke it. SO I ended up with the old vise clamp and die grind for hours method. It took 45 minutes to bust the 6 links I needed off! And I only cut the one to remove all 6 at once!

The exhaust sounds like a track bike! It is wonderful and only really loud if I get on it. Definately have to mess with my jetting again however, its a little rich from 4-6k and little lean from 11-12k. Not bad though, my tuner told me I don't really need to do it, only if it bugs me. Because its well within specs. Had dang near everybody try and race me tonight on my ride because of the exhaust. Even an old guy in a 92 cadillac deville! Hilarious! Must be because I was the only guy out, it was 34 degrees, and It GROWLS good!

But finally the roads are dry. And the street sweepers went nuts yesterday getting all the gravel and road salt up.They worked it for 30 hours straight, in shifts and got my whole valley done! Woohoo! Clear roads! And it was 60 today! For1 hour but whatever, it was 60!
Now the only thing I'm waiting on is me finishing fixing my panels and cf'ing them, putting my new race clutch in and Then the statecleaning Logan Canyon! 150 plus curves in 50 miles! Woohoo Again!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Sweet dude! if you dont mind me asking how much was the chain/sprocket kit?

Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

150 with shipping from sumofallparts.net , they also have the brake lines and I would get the link breaker they have for sale unless you have a die grinder too.
It comes with a front and rear sprockets and a new RK 520 chain with xso rings(basically double o ring). and from how hard the link pinswereI swear titanium link retainer pins, but I'm probably wrong, might just be cobalt steel or some other HD steel alloy.