CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

F1 Hurricane Pic thread?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first motorcycle. It was 600 dollars and it runs. This is kinda like my training bike before I buy something nice. I've learned a whole lot of stuff in a short amount of time on how to fix things, maintenance, electrical, how to remove things, etc. My only wish is I didnt do this sooner in life. Lots to fix both mechanically and aesthetically. Going in the same direction as @Shemwatson.

Seriously looking forward to making this thing sing and telling all my friends who laughed at my purchase to suck it once it looks beautiful. Gonna make an Instagram to track progress.

Name:  CuxLWmQ.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 08-22-2017, 06:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks pretty cool already for $600. 😀

Old 08-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Note the skeleton rear view mirrors. The previous owner had to have been crawling around on the internet, come across those things and was like "Those are exactly what I want. Take my money nao."

I just cant. The same way I can't with those camo polka dot fairings and stitched/camo jean jacket tank that is somehow plastered on with some form of adhesive. She's got a lot of work ahead of her.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't realize that was fabric on the tank because the rest looks painted. That's not good at all...if it gets wet or you spill gas on it. Many of these bikes come modified in bad ways.

If she runs good still a good deal for the money.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by dennisgb
Like the tail...not sure about the red frame. That's not a stock exhaust on there. Hard to tell what it is but not stock. Makes a difference in tuning.
@dennisgb It looks exactly like mine. I did some digging last year trying to figure out what mine was. Based on what I found I think it is a Vance Hines. This pic of a bike with the sticker on the exhaust still intact. I think I found it on this site.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:25 PM

The sun is out, we have Mardi Gras parades this weekend and I just gave my 88 Hurricane a bath after going for a ride. Now if only I can find the bottom front cowl decal somewhere and she will be back to almost new..

Old 02-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice, very good original shape. IMO that color scheme is definitely the best looking one for a F1.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks almost exactly like mine did before I sold her. I also think it is the best looking original paint job.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wckdby
Note the skeleton rear view mirrors. The previous owner had to have been crawling around on the internet, come across those things and was like "Those are exactly what I want. Take my money nao."

I just cant. The same way I can't with those camo polka dot fairings and stitched/camo jean jacket tank that is somehow plastered on with some form of adhesive. She's got a lot of work ahead of her.
Those are aftermarket Harley mirrors. I know a guy who has them on his HD. (Yeah, they are ugly on his bike too). Presumably can fit any bike since they are aftermarket. That also looks like a Mustang seat for a Harley. I'd say someone had a bunch of parts around and "fixed" the bike for you.

Quick story, years ago bought a Honda Rebel to teach my wife how to ride Rear turn signals on flexible stalks kept getting knocked off by her feet so I flush mounted Harley Davidson turn signals to the rear fender rail. Solid so they never got knocked off again and they actually looked a lot better than stock. It did confuse quite a few people at biker rallies who would walk by, see HD rear turn signals, then stop because it didn't look quite right for a Harley.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:34 PM

My first bike - an 88. It sat for 15 years, since 2003, so took a bit of tlc to get going but I am having a blast on it now!

Quick Reply: F1 Hurricane Pic thread?