CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Before and after pics of my first 87 CBR 600

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks SinSitySinderella. it took me about 3 months. but most of that was sitting and waiting for fairings to pop on craigslist. unfortunately i think i am going to buy 02 cbr 600 fairings and give the bike an updated look. so if you need fairings let me know. im in sacramento an plan to be in vegas in november. or we could figure out shipping. well if your interested. i guess i got lucky with my craigslist bike. the most major thing i have had to do beyond basic tune up and maintenance is clean the carbs. here is a website of oem parts

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....EM/HondaMC.asp

on and things to check would the fuel system in general. i didnt and it caused me to get stranded 20 miles from home. my bike had rust in the tank and NO fuel filter. the previous owner removed it and just clamped to hoses together.

anyways good luck with your build! post pics when you can

Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
a.k.a. guitar4hire ?

how did you find the fairings on craigslist/ebay. I cant seem to find anything thats not over priced or worth while

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did you find the fairings on craigslist/ebay. I cant seem to find anything thats not over priced or worth while
Fairings for these are hard to find. Same with the older 1000F (or even the newer ones for that matter).
It seems you have to keep an eye out for a while to get good ones for a reasonable price.

This site will help with your craigslist searches. It allows you to search all of CL up to 250miles from your zip code.
Just in case you haven't seen it: Craiglook.com

There is also airtech. They make glass body panels for the F1, but they still aren't cheap and mounting is a little extra work.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Fairings for these are hard to find. Same with the older 1000F (or even the newer ones for that matter).
It seems you have to keep an eye out for a while to get good ones for a reasonable price.

This site will help with your craigslist searches. It allows you to search all of CL up to 250miles from your zip code.

There is also airtech. They make glass body panels for the F1, but they still aren't cheap and mounting is a little extra work.
Making fairings out of glass just sounds dangerous

Great info and links!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 AM
a.k.a. guitar4hire ?

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout

Thanks for the Craiglook link i didnt know about it.
I guess I will keep an eye out. If not ill just keep running the bike as is. Maybe try and figure out a way to mod the bike. Have to figure out a way to keep the light up with out the whole front fairing. So I can still ride at night.