CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Beetle Bags

Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beetle Bags

Looking to add Beetle Bags and the Gunfighter seat to my '00 'Bird. Anyone have any experience or feedback with Corbin's products?

-E

Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Default RE: Beetle Bags

I've had both the Corbin Beetle Bags and the Smuggler:

The Smuggler ROCKS. It gives you a little extra trunk space, and lets you get at it without needing to remove the seat, etc. I can fit a set of gloves in there, a wallet, and my camera, with no problem. I don't take a passenger very often, and when I do, I picked up a Gunfighter and Lady on Ebay for about $150. I picked up a backrest for another $75. Since 95% of my riding is without a passenger, though.. I usually leave the smuggler on full time.

The Beetles were VERY nice, too, albeit expensive. I think they make the back end of the bird a little wide, but I had no problems at all with them, from a fit and finish standpoint. The one thing that really does suck about them is that in order to remove them, you need TOOLS. And.. not even METRIC tools, you need ENGLISH tools. So... when you get to your destination, expect to have to unpack your clothes, etc.. by either unloading them and carrying in your stuff, or whipping out the tools and removing them, which is a bit of a pain in the neck.

I ended up picking up a Rentek rack for the back from Rev's Performance.

The rack has a tail pack that you can purchase for it, and that combined with a nice Cortech duffle bag gives me nearly the same storage that I can remove from the bike and take in to the hotel much easier. It's also easy enough to remove it and leave it off the bike when I'm not riding. After all.. Those Beetle Bags are expensive frame sliders!

Old 04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Default RE: Beetle Bags

I have a Corbin with smuggler and also like it, but sometimes wish it had a little more storage.

I am able to get gloves, wallet, cell phone, and the like in there.

I do not own the beetle bags, but really like how Hobiscus has set up his bike.

Take care.