bags

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bags

ok i need something for my 03 600rr i know nothing about sattle or tail bags only had this thing all of two months but ive put 2000 miles maybe 3000 on it already and i need to be able to move a little more stuff to make it practical sometimes cause my back packs really starting to get annoying so qualities i would like
1 does not scratch Tail in anyway.
2 water proof would be nice (but normally I plan not to ride if rains in the forcast)
3 solidly secured to bike so i can lean it over on the twisties when i go home (it looks like there is some sort of mounting braket near the passenger foot pegs and the rear reflectors)
4 but i dont wana spend hours taking it off and putting it on either
5 I would like one of them to be big enough to carry a notebook to school although that may be asking for a little to much it seems as if u cant wad it up and stuff it u aint takin it)
6 red bike so something that matches

Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Default RE: bags

why tail? what about a tank bag?

Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 AM

bulky seems like it might get in the way + theres no rear seat on my bike i ride solo so i just figured that would be the best place to put the most economical size bag but if you have a argument for the tank bag go ahead let me see what ya got

Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 AM

Just the only lockable easy to take off I've seen if this: Laptop Bag

Don't know anyone with one...only thing I can find that ISN'T a strap on (one of the negatives to our bikes--fiberglass tank so cannot go with all the trick, magnetic tank bags)

Old 12-05-2005, 03:17 AM

yep the tail bags look more about the size im lookin for the Elite looks a little bulky but the sport looks a little .......small but will those even fit on 600rrs

yall keep the suggestions coming I gotta find a better way to move my stuff around

Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Retired Administrator

the Sport Seat Sak looks like a good working bag... but it's not listed for our bike. I emailed them and asked if it is (maybe they haven't updated their website) or if they plan on making it available. I like how it locks in place where your rear seat does.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:00 PM

yeah let me know what they say and do you have to have the rear seat to make this work cause i only have the plastic seat cowling on mine

Old 12-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Retired Administrator

I got answers, I asked if they have a bag made for our 03 to 06 CBR600RR.

Thanks for the note and your interest in my products.

The Sport Seat Sak is available for your bike. Keep in mind however that the Seat Sak uses your seat as a baseplate. It is not a replacement for that seat. The Zip Pak is the bag that replaces the seat, and thats available for the Suzuki SV series bikes and the Honda RC51 only. The other bikes use the Seat Sak bags (identical bag in size and features...it just wraps aroubnd your current seat and uses your seat as a baseplate. http://www.luggagelocker.com/product-installation.htm#2

You do NOT have to modify or change the seat in any way at all. The bag is cut specifically to wrap around the seat with No mods whatsoever. It's like a tailor made suit...it only fits the specific application. What fits your bike won't fit anything else. It's for this reason there is no need to strap or tie the bag in place. It's cut specifically for the one seat and will only fit that one. When we develop a bag for a bike, I go and either buy or borrow a seat. I then drive it down to the factory (35 miles away) and the girl there uses the seat to cut a new pattern for a bag. She makes up a dummy bag so we can check the fit...and then the new pattern is included on our list. Again. Just think of a tailored suit. You just slide the bag in place over the seat...close the velcro flap underneath and tighten the cinch strap...and put your seat back in place. Just like pulling a sock on over your foot. Rocket Locker Elite Seat-Sak for the Honda VFR Here is a review of the product (with pics) on the VFR. This will further explain it.

Thanks again, and do let me know if this answers it all right, or what else I can provide for you.

I'm MOST appreciative of your interest in my product.

Les Alderman

Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 AM

ICON makes a tank / back pack. I love it

Old 12-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Do you peeps get oxford products over yonder pond? There stuff is very reasonable water proof and normally practical.

http://www.oxprod.com/

Quick Reply: bags