Woodcraft Frame Sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodcraft Frame Sliders?

Hi CBR Aficionados,

Anybody has experience with these?

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/scripts...Category=12748

I like the idea of the perpendicular screw to replace the puck, but I am wondering if additional material in lieu of a hole in the center (and therefore less deformation if hitting the ground) would transfer more energy to the frame and risk damaging the frame instead.

Your opinions would be welcome.

Also, can anyone post a picture of their '06 or '07 with ''cut through'' sliders.

I am not sure which bolt to fix them on (the highest or the lowest one).

Thanks a lot!

Pat

Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 AM

The stiffer pucks might absorb less energy, as they might be a little more stiff. However, I would think that effect would be small compared to the benefit of having a puck that is less likely to "grab" and flip the bike around on a wipeout.

It's hard to give definite answers for this kind of stuff, because they depend on the materials involved and the specific design of the puck.

Think of it this way...the puck is going to absorb some energy...therefore you are better off than not having the puck and transferring it all to the frame in a crash.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:05 AM

I have seen a lot of crash cages that use solid ended pucks, and they seem to do ok, although they do have the external cage to help reinforce the frame.

how many main engine bolts do you have? my 600rr only had one on each side, and they seem pretty low compared to other bikes.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM

I am a big fan of the woodcraft stuff, I have seen several bikes go down with the woodcraft sliders on, and they do their job well. I have yet to see one cause damage like I have seen other do.

other longer ones can cause the bike to grab and flip, the longer standoff and puck also have more leverage so they can bend themselves and bolts alot easier.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Originally Posted by Gville George
how many main engine bolts do you have? my 600rr only had one on each side, and they seem pretty low compared to other bikes.
The picture shows where the main engine bolts are (there are two on each side).

I think I saw guys installing ''no cut'' sliders on the highest one.

But most of the pictures I see for ''cut through'' sliders are from '04 - '05 model years when the fairings were different, and they seem pretty low, which makes me think I should install them on the lowest bolt.

On the flip side, if they were too low, I am not sure if it would lift the wheels and have the handle bars dragging on the ground, if the bike should slide on its side...
Any educated opinion welcome!

Attached Thumbnails Woodcraft Frame Sliders?-sliders-location.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Ara
Default Great Sliders

Yeah, I crashed (low sided) my '08 CBR1000RR at big Willow a couple of Saturdays ago. Practice before the Sunday race. The Woodcraft frame sliders did a great job of minimizing the damage. The front fairing is wrecked, tank cover, windscreen, and even my Akro muffler is wrecked, but no frame damage. The slider held up and didn't snap or bend. Light scrathes on the engine case.
My buddy, who has an R1 with Motovation sliders has broken his sliders twice with very slow crashes.

I'll be ordering some Sato case sliders next.