Vortex vs. Woodcraft frame sliders

Old 03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex vs. Woodcraft frame sliders

I just bought a 06' 1kRR and want to put frame sliders on it. I've read good reviews/comments on the Vortex and Woodcraft ones. Any thoughts or personal experiences on either, or another brand that is better?

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Default RE: Vortex vs. Woodcraft frame sliders

Shogun Nocut frame sliders. ive been inmstalling them on customers biks for three years now, and when they work, they work bitchin! so no complaints here!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:24 AM

whichever brand ya get, make sure they're made of hard plastic or Delrin ... NOT METAL !

Old 03-27-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

whichever brand ya get, make sure they're made of hard plastic or Delrin ... NOT METAL !

Why not metal?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:33 PM

I also have shogun no cut frame sliders installed in my 06 1K and think they blend in very, very well.

Why no metal? The only reason I can think of is that if you do fall with any kind of small speed, they'll get messed up just as much as plastic sliders so why waste the money? My 900RR has a combo metal/carbon frame sliders and I fell off in gravel at the end of the season on the right side. Messedit up very badly and it also managed to slighly bend the engine mount. Not sure if the plastic will do the same, but I don't want to find out.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM

Shogun photos. . .

Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the pic's. I do like the way the Shogun's look; might just have to go with them. Where is the best place to order them from?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:47 PM

I'll chime in on the Vortex sliders........ I put on a set of vortex sliders, the latest and greatest ones with the bases, then the pucks mount to the bases, in the event of a fall or crash, the idea is that you simply undo the puck from the base and put on another puck, saving you $$$ by not having to replace the whole set or even the one side. WELL....I had a low-speed lowside, 15 tops, and when I went down, that GD puck came right off of it's purdy aluminum base. When I go to replace it, I can't find another damn base.puck set around.....REASON IS, that vortex soon got wind of its slider design totally suckin and they replaced that design with tried and true, ole fashioned bolt-through to frame sliders. Thats why when you buy a puck from vortex, you throw away that bolt/nut it comes with. Those were for the old system. Had my frame sliders functioned as intended, I wouldn't have had 90% of the damage I got. Scuffed clutch cover, scuffed right fairing and scuffed tail. My vortex spool saved me any damage to the swingarm, but I'm pissed that if I had a decent set of sliders my bike would be fine. The scuffs are minor cause the low speed, but any slider other than that weak puck/aluminum base design woulda worked fine. Just my .02

Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: SwashBuckler

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

Why not metal?

Delrin is a hard plastic compund that is designed to take the impact and not your bike. It slides at speeds faster than parking lot speeds, and will shatter/breakwhen it takes a direct impact (i.e., gets pushed over cause grandma didnt seethebeautiful machine that you pride yourself in everyway imaginable)also taking the impact. The slider compresses thus breaking (plastic doesnt compress). When the delrin slider hits the ground at 50 mph it slides on the ground and gets ground down. Metal, on the other hand,will not grind as easy as Delrin and is more likely to catch on the cement at 50mph and cause the bike to flip, spin, and move in ways that will crush your heart and soul. It will bring you to your knee's and make you start crying. now when a metal slider is dropped in a parking lot, same grandma, it transfers the impaft to your fram and the rest of your bike. like dropping a wrench onyour garage floor it will bounce because there is nothing to transfer the energy to. it will strike your bike like someone hit it with a hammer.

and be sure you get thick slider not ones that are 1/8 ion thick(sato). you want ones that are at least a 1/4 inch thick (shogun). you can even find some that look like candles they are so thick.
BEWARE THOUGH some sliders that look like the sato ones shown here(delrin) are actually metal. (NOT GOOD!!1)

this is why ytou choose Delrin over metal.[sm=lol.gif]

as sen here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13898/2506265BDAFB4CBF9D77B4CC394CA66B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13898/318F103EEB814D7DBD67E7902D8517DD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13898/AAF6AC313D184D53B75FCC4A74E5A405.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 AM

Motovation for me just seams to be a good design. http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=184

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vortex vs. Woodcraft frame sliders