Why are the '10-'11 1000RR so ugly..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, not as attractive as YOU hope it would be. Keep dreamin' princess...some day your prince will come and sweep you off your feet. Then you will be free to frolick off into the sunset on your ungay ride.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hoppa2k6
there are a few out there that I really do like ... but my wallet aint big enough to buy/build one this sweet:
Other than paint there's only a short list of mods on that bike, and
it looks like someone tried to copy the Roland Sands design:

Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 AM

Thrasher...get over it dude! Did you notice that no one is engaging in your conversation with yourself? I have absolutely no idea why you can’t seem to let go of this particular subject... Did it hit a nerve or something?

Post again when you want to talk about bikes!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM

When you start your post off with "I don't want to offend anybody..." and continue anyways you should not be surprised that you have. Your further posts have revealed that you have as much knowledge about the 1000rr as could be documented on the head of a pin in crayon.
You may not realize this yet, but insulting your audience in here and then expecting cooperation is unrealistic.
If you are looking for a "look" and don't like what honda offers, keep seeking the ride that suites your taste. Some of us actually own this machine, not fantasize about it.
So if you don't like what you see move on.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 PM

idk they grew on me. The fairings look like plated armor, and with the tucked in nose its ready for battle. Sign me up! but i still like the '05 the best...

Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these work?

Name:  Repsol.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  90.6 KB

Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thrasher, calm the **** down dude. if you haven't noticed, this is the internet and he is engaging an audience to talk about the new look and was wondering if he is the only one that felt that way. As I stated earlier, I was not originally a fan of the new look; however, who really likes the look of a completely stock bike with a stock exhaust and stock license plate brackets? It isn't until you do some slight modding till you really get that look you were hoping for *(unless there is someone out there that loves a stock license plate bracket and orange flavored lollypop turn signals)...

So I have posted pix of two bikes that really turned me on to the new look. Yeah, I'd agree with the OP in stating that the color options leave something to be desired and I didn't originally like the exhaust or tail, but the pix of the repsol I posted up is damn sexy....and the custom painted one is real sharp.

so to answer his question, NO I DID NOT LIKE THE NEW LOOK AT FIRST. I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AWEFUL DESIGN AND LOOKED LIKE A PIECE OF $HIT THE CAME OUT THE A$$ OF A BUMBLEBEE. However, now I like the design after seeing that a few mods and some color options can do to make the bike look quite amazing...

Old 10-24-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa2k6
these work?

I had a red 91 CBR 1000F with white rims. I now have a red 08 1000RR, and was thinking of doing my rims in white. Someone suggested white with red spokes. Thanks for the pics. Looks like I have a color change comming soon.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 AM

I have modded my own 1000rr. Removed rear foot pegs, Evotech undertail tidy, speigler brake lines, rear cowling. I understand that the look can be improved, but other than a few minor details the bike pleases my eye.
So I guess we can agree to disagree on this.
As far cooling down...this is the internet and my comments about pissing off the audience stand. You liked the comments the OP put up? I did not.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:37 PM

hoppa2k6
Hoppa, I love the Repsol pic you posted! That is one sweet looking bike right there!

Quick Reply: Why are the '10-'11 1000RR so ugly..