Two Brothers Power Tip For M-2 Canister

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Brothers Power Tip For M-2 Canister

I have a 2008 CBR 1000RR.
Anyone have any suggestions, thoughts or opinions on the Two Brothers add-on Power Tip DB reducers? I just installed a Two Bros. M-2 Carbon Fiber M-2 slip-on can and it is way too loud for my taste and for general street cruising purposes.

I know that TB offers three add-on reducers that range from 2 db to 8 db noise reduction with associated HP decreases. I'm thinking about the P1-X which has the most noise reduction......I don't care about HP loss because this bike won't be raced either on the street or track.

Thanks in advance....

Last edited by OldBalz; 11-08-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:43 AM

if its too loud then add the tip. no brainer.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Not sure if this will help you, but when I ordered mine (P1) they called me up and said they had that one and another that was quiet'er. Since the one I ordered (P1) was only worth 2-3dbs and the one they called about was 4-5dbs quiet'er I went with that one. When I installed it, it was too dam quiet so I bought the other one as well and that has been the one I've been using. It's only a few dbs, but it did make a difference, they both did. If I had bought one reducing by 7-8dbs it would have reduced it way too much I think. As far as HP, you won't lose anything to notice it will be so mi-nute. But call them, in case they don't call you to see what they have cause they don't advertise them all on-line. But once your used to the sound your gonna take them out again anyways. Mine just came out last week so I can make some noise before she goes in for the winter, boy does she send the beautiful sound through the naked trees now! Neighbors are lovin me again.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Exclamation

Thanks Dragginazz,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to give me an intelligent answer and that you have first-hand experience with this.

I called Two Bros. yesterday and talked to a Service Rep. who recommended their P-1X diffuser, which supposedly gives a noise reduction of 6-8 db. He also said that you'll only get a very slight HP reduction at redline RPM or racing speeds.

I had a 15 min. coversation with this gentleman about different aspects of their products and other issues such as fuel mapping with their "Juice Box" and how wind and speed can affect the noise level of your bike.

A lot of my riding, so far, is in the 55-65 mph range on nice two-lane blacktop roads and that relatively slow speed doesn't really allow you to "get away" from your own exhaust noise. And the fact that the cops here are in an increased ticket-writing mode, to generate additional revenue due to our faltering economy, really makes you watch your speed.

I did order a P1-X Power Tip from www.newenough.com and it should be here Thursday.

Thanx again DA.

Last edited by OldBalz; 11-10-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 AM

It doesn't sound like it, but if sometime down the road you feel it's time for more fuel, I highly recommend their "Juicebox". Easy to adjust, and you don't need to download anything.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Default TB P1-X Update

Well the P1-X silencer/diffuser arrived this morning and I installed it and am pleased with the results.....significant noise reduction in the 55-75 mph speed range is vastly improved. Louder than stock but not obnoxious....I like it! Also the surging/loping of the engine during warmup has disappeared and is smooth again!

Now I do have a gripe about TB's....This P1-X came in packaging without a part or model #(how do I know that this is indeed the right component as it came from Newenough?) and no instructions at all. It also comes with two different size o-rings and a paper gasket and again no instructions.

So, just to make sure about proper assembly I call the TB service rep. and ask about the o-rings and gaskets and lack of instructions....the response is...."just keep putting the parts in until the P1-X doesn't rattle anymore....you may or may not need all of the parts". OK....I understand that this is a "fits-all" part for all of their M-2 cans but how about a little diagram w/ the packaging that shows a generic assembly and that you "may or may not need all of the parts" statement, so that I don't have to call California from Michigan? Response from rep.....silence.
C'mon TB's you can do better than that!

OK it's in and I like it..... just thought that I'd whine a little bit cuz it was 24 deg. this morning when I got up!

Last edited by OldBalz; 11-14-2009 at 01:56 PM.