New here 1000rr what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try photo shopping a black pin stripe around the rims and maybe a small black honda wing symbol on each side of the rim....... see if that breaks it up some.....

Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 07ceeberthousand
its going to corner even better when its lowered... some people lower them because they are short and cannot plant both feet on the ground.

I hope you're being sarcastic with the cornering better by lowing it comment.......cuz ya can't be serious.

Like "Justasquid" said....it kills the handling...and i'll add to his comments as well by throwing out the concept that it kills the clearance of the rearsets too........corner a lowered bike hard and you'll find reall quick just how low the pegs now are!!!

And as for the short rider thing......I'm 5'-4" and have an 06 1000RR.....never in a million years considered lowering it....and i'm doin just fine....

Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM

the bikes that i saw in the dealership near me were all 08s from freddy spencers riding school where they teach track riding... and more then half of them were lowered... i dont know why they would be if its such a bad thing to do for corning... when if your talking about anything else out in the world... the lower you go the better you corner (other things considered of course)

Old 03-23-2009, 08:19 PM

the bikes that i saw in the dealership near me were all 08s from freddy spencers riding school where they teach track riding... and more then half of them were lowered... i dont know why they would be if its such a bad thing to do for corning... when if your talking about anything else out in the world... the lower you go the better you corner (other things considered of course)
Lowering a bike does a lot to hurt the bike performance. The bike is engineered to perform to its best ability, and the ride height is one of those things. The height is where it is because of the angle of the bike. When you change the height you change the whole geometry. I am not saying that you are going to lose all cornering ability, but you will not have the full flickability of the bike. You are lowering the center of gravity and that makes it harder to lean, you have to put more weight into leaning.

I always say to each their own, but lowering a bike is retarded in my opinion....

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM

Lowering a car may help it corner better.....sure....that's because car's have body roll.

If you don't know this by now....well you probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle...but Bike's don't have "Bodies" on them......therefore they do not have Body Roll......therefore lowing them Absolutley Will not help them corner better......it's called physic's and geometry......they are wonderful things with it comes to the engineering of a motorcycle.

It's strange that the MotoGP guys don't know this secret about the amazing performance you get from lowering a bike.......you'd think they'd be all over it....if they knew how awsome it made their bikes handle

Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 PM

they do lower race bikes sometimes. But it is only 1 mm here or there, it is never lowered in inches. Maybe Freddy Spencer is running a drag race school now?

Also, If lowering a bikes mass equals better handling, think about how poorly a cruiser handles the corners, especially tranisitions. All of the mass of those bikes are as low as they can be, but they handle like crap. If the mass being as low as possible was good, all sportbikes would put the rider in the bike, not on top of it. Keep in mind that their is a pivot point located somewhere around mid bike. with sportbikes, the idea is get equal amounts of weight above that center and below that center. If you have more weight to one side versus the other, you then have to move all of the weight. If its equal, there is no weight to move as its offset by the equal weight on the other side of center. thats why so many bikes copied ducati and put undertail exhaust on. It helped to equal out the pivot point. they have started going away from that now, but thats because they have reconfigured taller engines and higher frames and no longer need the extra weight up high. Its all about ballance.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

its going to corner even better when its lowered... some people lower them because they are short and cannot plant both feet on the ground.
That's the most silly thing I have heard all day. Lowering the bike lowers the center of gravity which cause the bike to turn at a much lower angle and thus doesn't allow you to lean the bike as much.

if you are short and there's no other way, sure go for it. but I've seen people who can only touch 1 side at a time and they are just fine riding their bike and wouldnt lower it for the world.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM

Learn something new every day! i always thought the lowering concept applied for bikes as it does for cars... but it all makes sense now that it was explained.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM

wow that was fun. its lowered because I like it. rides fine to me. im not a track guy i just ride. weird how this went from a what do you think to a lowering class