Where can I get black rearsets and pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get black rearsets and pegs?

every since i noticed the black rearsets and pegs on the 08 cbr 1000rr special color edition i have been trying to find them. i prefer to get the honda factory ones if i can. best price i found was $580 for both rearsets and pegs including hardware. and the other price i got was from an online company for 380 without hardware. which way should i go? both seem pretty expensive. however i could remove them and get them powder coated if that were to be an option. however i dont know if the rearsets will opperate the same way after. can i get some input on what u guys think i should do? im new to this motorcycle game. anything will be excepted. thanx.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Well.. you could always pay the money. In my opinion, that's a bit pricey. You may as well get Vortex or Sato rear sets. I helped a friend paint the frame on his 2001 Kawasaki ZZR. If you take your time, ESPECIALLY with preparation, you can do it yourself and it'll last. We used that high temp black aerosol paint.. for BBQ's and what not. It sounds kind of trashy, but it works well actually. Remember to prep what you paint.. clean it well, if you're serious about it, get fine sand paper and prep it that way. I'd go something rough at first, then go to a wet sand paper... when/if you paint, spray it on in nice thin coats. 2 or 3 coats would do it.. and everything should function just fine. Being that they are pegs, eventually, the black will fade. I have black Vortex rear sets; and the paint has started to fade on the foot peg. Just weigh it out.. fork out the extra dough, or save a ton of money and do it yourself. I like working on my bike... I do what I can. The more time and effort you put into it, the better results you'll get. Just my 2 cents!

Where are you located.. and what kind of bike do you have?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM

cool thanx for the input. what about powder coating? would it be to thick? is it a chore to change the rear sets and pegs?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by HondaGuy86
cool thanx for the input. what about powder coating? would it be to thick? is it a chore to change the rear sets and pegs?
talk to blue fox he is into the powder coating... check his thread on it out here https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/foxy-s-gift-shop-81419/

Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
talk to blue fox he is into the powder coating... check his thread on it out here https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81419

thanx for the link to "foxy's" page. he has a good lookin cbr. i'll be gettin in touch with him soon. powder coat looks pretty good in my opinion. and seems to be a lot cheaper than the route i was gonna take haha.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

yes paint them or powder coat is even better.

its WAY cheaper and it looks exactly the same because that's all Honda is doing is powder coating them.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Default Black Rearsets

Hi, I have black anodised multi position rearsets on my 2004 CBR 1000RR.
They are made by Valter Moto and supplied by demon tweeks.
try www.demon-tweeks.co.uk they will cost you £219 GBP(about $330,US + shipping) at the present exchange rate. I work as an aircraft inspector and this kit is up to my exacting standards.
Hope this helps.

Snowdonia Speedster U.K