Lost rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost rear seat

Yesterday I lost my rear seat on the way home on the freeway. I didn't know I'd lost it till i got home, but I remember something soft and black hitting my leg...i thought something had flew out of my pockets. I still couldn't figure out how the rear seat hit my leg, but it must have got pulled down right there when it popped off by the aerodynamics of the bike or something.

Anyways, The front latch under the back seat had become completely undone, the bolts on its seemed to come undone allowing the seat to pop off. I am just wondering since I just got the bike at the very end of march if this is something I could get covered under warranty and if not where I could find one for my bike.

I've also noticed 1 or 2 for sale on ebay but they are for the 04 or 05 model, will these fit the 06?? Thanks for your help in advance

Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost rear seat

nope not a warranty issue. Mine flew off the other day at about 140mph.... and it was funny because i flet something stuck against my back. I just thought it was the new jacket I bought and just wasnt use to it. So after i slowed down to about 115 i reached back and felt that it was my seat stuck to my back do the the areodynamics.... wheeewwwww that was close.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lost rear seat

Hey viper, can i tell you my seat cowl story????..... a friend bought the first 84 vf 1000f in wa, this bike went through about 4 people... the third a meth head that rode it 1 time and scared himself so bad... On this ride, he lost the "rare" aftermarket seat cowl... I tryied to find him... he had beat up a friends sis, and knew the brother was look'n for him. So... noone would tell me a stranger, where he was. I went to a yard sale( for NO reason) off the heck and gone... and these two elderly sisters said " is this yours?" and over in the "free if you can use it pile" is my cowl, complete w/ my friend ,the first owners name inside!!!!!!!!!!!! they had found it 9 mo ago along side of the road, and thought it was "pretty" and someone must want it back. Prob. one of the biggest God shots, I've every got!!!!!! I wonder who has your cowl... Clean and free, Ripp'n