Lost 3 HP with Yoshi Slip on on 08....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason to use dyno numbers is to compare what you had to what you have now, many dynos are of different calliber, so if you want to know what your improvements are then you need to go back to the same dyno to see if you made improvements.

Anyways my bike bone stock was 151hp and 75ft-lbs of torque, after what I did on the same dyno at the same temp roughly here is what I had.

Horsepower=158.3@11748rpm
Torque=80ft-lbs@7823rpm

The curve on the horsepower is very smooth and linear.

The torque is amazing, above 55ft-lbs from 4k to 13k with the peak of 80 in the middle, BEAUTIFUL.

The torque remains above 75ft-lbs from 6k to 11k, That is the mad midrange that I have read so much about on this bike.

The blubber between 3-5k is gone and just smooth as hell throughout the entire rpm range.

I am a happy camper with the above results.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 PM

You can tell there is error & differences between Dyno's. . Just look at the latest Cycle World & Sport Rider magazines. The Cycle World dyno has the 09 cbr putting out 166hp & the Sport Rider has it putting out 154hp I think don't have the mags in front of me right now.

For what it's worth . . I have a PC5 with a custom map, z-bomb, R-77 yosh slip-on & flapper mod & my bike on Monday kicked out 169hp & 83lb ft of torque. I'm pretty stoked with those numbers. The bike feels smoother than before the PC5, but now it spits & sputters anytime I get to high revs & then back off the throttle. So I'm going to call my guy back & see what can be done.

I don't care though because between the minor issues I'm having with mine & some of the major issues you guys are having with yours, I think I'm going to trade it in on that new BMW S1000rr. I've got close to it's price in my bike now!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by trainedkilla
The guy running the dyno said the strongest bike he has ran on the dyno was a modded Busa that put down 178 HP.

Not a single 1000cc bike there today even registered 150HP.
i took my bike ( 08 1000rr stock) to Rosenau powersports in michigan and it put 153 hp on the dyno

Old 08-18-2009, 09:30 AM

+1 all around. You are not using the dyno properly. We're not living in some futuristic society where every last part of every last machine can be recreated down to 1/100000000000000000000th of a nanometer. You can throw two identical bikes right out of the factory onto a dyno and get two different readouts. Here's what a dyno is for:

Dyno your bike > perform upgrade\maintenence\etc > dyno your bike to see what changed

It is NOT for comparing to other bikes. A dyno sheet is NOT a bragging right (unless your readings are so high that they're substantial). 3hp is nothing, I'm honestly surprised you guys were that clsoe.

Dyno's are not perfect. Hell, even the OPERATOR of the dyno can affect the readouts. You can dyno your bike, get a readout, and then IMMEDIATELY dyno it again, and potentially get a different readout. 2% is a common error flux. Waiting too long to use THE SAME DYNO can affect the readouts, because the dyno itself is a machine, so it changes over time.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by JG~the~RT
You can tell there is error & differences between Dyno's. . Just look at the latest Cycle World & Sport Rider magazines. The Cycle World dyno has the 09 cbr putting out 166hp & the Sport Rider has it putting out 154hp I think don't have the mags in front of me right now.

For what it's worth . . I have a PC5 with a custom map, z-bomb, R-77 yosh slip-on & flapper mod & my bike on Monday kicked out 169hp & 83lb ft of torque. I'm pretty stoked with those numbers. The bike feels smoother than before the PC5, but now it spits & sputters anytime I get to high revs & then back off the throttle. So I'm going to call my guy back & see what can be done.

I don't care though because between the minor issues I'm having with mine & some of the major issues you guys are having with yours, I think I'm going to trade it in on that new BMW S1000rr. I've got close to it's price in my bike now!
Did your guy disable the pair valve , cause that will do it, disabbling the pair valve is required for proper dyno tuning using a sniffer in the tailpipe, and if it is not put pack to original instead of the unburnt gasses being burnt early in the exhaust stream thew will be burnt on exit to to the fresh air causing popping etc.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:49 PM

Thats incouraging & discouraging as well Stoppie. . Cuz I have no idea, I watched him do it & he did disconnect the vacuum lines from the the actuators that make the flap close. Then put everything back in just disconnected.

Now he did drill a hole into my O2 sensor plug for dyno'ing purposes but he did fill it back in.

If you have anymore dummed down info that could help me resolve my issues, please help me out!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM

This sounds very confusing to me, All that is required is to block off the airflow coming into the exhaust stream from the pair valve, nothing to do with any flapper dohickey. If the fresh air line to the pair valve is not blocked then air entering the exhaust stream will cause the dyno sniffer to sense a leaner than actual condition. He should not have had to drill anything, just put the sensor up the tailpipe.HMMMMMMM........

Old 08-20-2009, 02:40 PM

yeah all that dawned on me last night after i had sent that message . . I don't know enough about the dyno'ing process to tell you why he drilled out my O2 plug screw, but I know he knows what he's doing so I'm sure he did it for a valid reason.

but your still speaking over my head, I have no idea what a pair valve! . I mean don't get me wrong it runs like a whole new bike, as my friends said it was like night & day. . it runs like a beast! . Several of my friends said their bikes spit & sputter a little bit after enstalling their power commanders on their bikes as well

On another note he dyno'd another guys bike with all the same mods as mine except he has a full Two-Brothers exhaust & it made 163hp compared to my 169hp . . so go Yoshimura!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 AM

I was at HIN last year and they were holding a dyno contest, they would take the average of three consecutive runs. So a guy with a Lexus IS 350 straps it down and runs a 302hp. They let it cool off for about 5 minutes and he runs a 319 immediately after. His third run was 310. I know cars are obviously much different from bikes, I'm just throwing this out there to show the margin of error for dynos.