Just bought a new 05 Repsol

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a new 05 Repsol

Greetings from down under.

This is my first post and first litre. I live in New Zealand where the riding is fantastic with lots of twisties, ranges and great scenery. However, the drivers here would have to be amongst the worst in the world - seriously, they're stupid. No idea why, possibly due to inbreeding as it's such a small country.

Okay a bit about me. Firstly, no my parents were not related. 37 and I've owned 2 road bikes but that was about 10 years ago. Started with a GSX250 then moved up to a 650. For the past few years I've ridden dirt bikes quite a lot. Earlier this year I developed a bug to get back into road bikes but managed to keep my urges at bay consciously avoiding bike shops... until today. I did it and it arrives tomorrow. I was considering a 999s but couldn't justify $30k US here in NZ - and that's with a strong kiwi dollar! Reading the reviews, the Honda is damn good anyway and is half the price. Okay the Duc may have a slight edge on the limit but I'm hardly going there. Besides, it's Italian from the country that built Tanks with 1 forward gear and 10 reverse.

Now to be honest, I'm more nervous than I am excited but perhaps that's not so bad. I know this bike is ridiculously quick and it will not hesitate giving me a brutal lesson in physics and human mortality if I don't respect her. I will tread with extreme care.

I've got absolutely no plans of moding her. All I wish is for her to stay in the upright position. That’s it.

I'll let you know how I get on. First impressions etc. Not sure if you want pics as once you've seen one, you've seen them all. I guess there's no diff in spec between the US and Jap ones???

Take care and remember to ride like it's stolen! Just kidding.

GREAT SITE & SAFE RIDING!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a new 05 Repsol

Welcome to the board. NZ has some beautiful scenery -- would love to take my 1kRR down there! And just get over the "I'm not moddin anything" attitude -- I give ya 3 weeks before you start asking about pipes[8D] Congrats on the bike and post some pics anyway.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:16 AM

You mean pipes that unleash some more ponies and make it sound awesome? Like the Pro Circuit pipe I got for my CRF the very next day I got it? Never! Okay maybe. All right how much? Sod it, I've already checked out Two Brothers and they're in stock. Damn you! Are they any good?

Old 08-03-2005, 09:30 AM

hahahaha!!!

Nice one, didn't last long did it?

Anyone got the Honda parts codes for the extra stickers for the Repsol?

Old 08-03-2005, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Kiwi
I know this bike is ridiculously quick and it will not hesitate giving me a brutal lesson in physics and human mortality if I don't respect her. I will tread with extreme care.
Great words of wisedom right there. Congrats on the new bike. Glad to hear you are getting back into street bikes. Defiantly post up some pics of her when you get a chance. Welcome to the boards.