Insurance shopping...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance shopping...

Ok, who do you guys use for insurance and how much do you pay for your CBR1000RR?

I have nationwide with our car and they quoted a rediculous $1400 for full-year for a new '07 1000rr. Geico quoted me just over $900 which is a bit above what I expected. These figures were for bare bones coverage, and $1000 deductables for comp and collision. I'm 35, married with child, with a clean driving record, and am just a bit suprised. In Florida, btw. Where else can you guys recommend I extend the hunt?

Old 04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Insurance shopping...

You can also check Progressive

Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM

JOIN THE CLUB. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, I FINALLY WENT WITH A PLACE CALLED INSURANCE CONCEPTS OUT OF UTAH, I HAVE FULL COMP , UNDERINSSURED, NON INSURRED FOR A WHOPPING 1400.00 A YEAR ALSO. I HAVE A PERFECT DRIVING RECORD AM MARRIED WITH KID'S. I ALSO HAVE GOOD CREDIT. THEY DO GIVE YOU A CHEAPER RATE IF YOU ARE PART OF A MOTORCYCLE CLUB LIKE HONDA OF AMERICA. THIS WAS THE CHEAPEST I HAVE FOUND WITH ANYBODY. I ALSO HAD PROGRESSIVE AND FOUND OUT THAT THEY WERE TAKING MY MONEY, I SWITCHED TO ALSTATE FOR THE CAR'S, THEY ORIGINALLY QUOTED ME FOR MY BIKE 79.00 A MONTH THEN ONCE THE UNDERWRITTER GOT A WIFF OF THE 1000 CBR THE CANCELLED MY INSURANCE AND REIMBURSED ME THE 6 MONTH INSTALLMENT I HAD GIVEN THEM. LOOKING FOR INSURANCE IS A PAIN.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM

i was with State Farm till recently when i moved over to AAA coz they were cheaper by 25 percent

Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM

I'm with progressive i pay like 120 per month... for liability only [] but hey it's cheaper than insurance tickets after getting like 5 insurance tickets on my bike and cars ... i think it's time LOL

Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM

I've used many insurance companies over the years and what I've found is that Progressive is usually the cheapest for motorcycles, plus the send you an insurance card that you can attach to your keyring. Progressive is HONDA's preferred insurance provider. You used to get a discount if you were an HRCA member (Honda Riders Club of America) http://hrca.honda.com/default.asp?bhcp=1

You can get a quote right online and purchase it if you like what you see. They will send you insurance cards instantly. You never have to speak with any phone reps. Its super easy..... You can even pay monthly if you need to. www.progressive.com

I'm 23 years old I own a free and clear 06 1000RR and a 96 600 F3. I got liability only insurance on both bikes and the Annual policy was $350 for the YEAR but I also have a clean driving record

Old 04-16-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks guys.

Bdahl, that doesn't sound possible. Where do you live? $350 for the 06 1000rr? I wanted to try a quote at progressive.com today but I am not fond that they pull credit on you. That's a bit lame to give your credit score a knock just to get a quote, though it should only cost one point...

Old 04-16-2007, 08:04 PM

I live in Indianapolis, IN.. please no jokes...... Remember I have liability only.... and I have aperfect driving record. When you get the quote online and and you choose to purchase it online they don't do a credit pull then. They will send paper work to your house that you have to sign saying you give them permission to pull your credit, but they have to have a signature or verbal permission to legaly pull your credit. I'm a Real Estate Loan Officer and trust me when I was licenced they let you know that having credit pulled requires a signature or verbal permission. So you can buy your quote without the credit pull. It asks on the website but they don't actually pull it. They do run your information through the National Driving record database to see if you have any points. I recomend you do it..... You'll be surprised how much your policy will be.

-Blake

Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Just some advice if you do go with PROGRESSIVE. Each year make sure you get a new policy... Don't continue the same policy that you started with. The reason is that Progessive will offer very low premiums to non-customers to get them in the door. Then next year when you go to re-new your policy they jack your rates up substantially. So after you pay for you policy in full and the bill comes for the next year to re-new your policy just don't pay it and it will expire. When you get the new bill simply get a quote online as a NEW customer and start a new policy with the same coverage. When you get a quote online it will ask you if you are a current PROGRESSIVE customer and you should answer this question as NO because if you answer yes it will provide a number for you to call and get a quote from a rep then you will get the higher cost policy. Do you understand?????

Old 04-16-2007, 11:40 PM

i got state farm full coverage on my 07 1000rr and I am paying $590 for the year...and im only 24 years old...but you do have to have a car policy with them to get motorcycle insurance...

Quick Reply: Insurance shopping...