input on arata slip on

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default input on arata slip on

spoke with service mgr of local dealer-he put titanium arata splin on on his 09rr,sound was great he said it eliminated exhaust valve and actually boosted low end- i thought valve boosted low end?-thanks-phil

Old 05-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Default RE: input on arata slip on

Very over priced and there is just as good of exhaust out there for much less money. Do you really need Titanium or do you just want Titanium? I would suggest to keep looking unless your on a unlimited budget. Just my 2 cents though mate!!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing the Ti Arata on a bike I now have to have one. The quality of the fit, finish and welds are excellent not to mention the sound. What ever you do don't buy one from the dealer or have them install it. Search the net for the best price and install it yourself, you will save big money by just doing that.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

After seeing the Ti Arata on a bike I now have to have one. The quality of the fit, finish and welds are excellent not to mention the sound. What ever you do don't buy one from the dealer or have them install it. Search the net for the best price and install it yourself, you will save big money by just doing that.
my mx race sponsor hooks me up on parts-it will either be th arata or the jardine factory dual out let replica [avaialable in 4 weeks
]-phil

Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Finished fitting mine about 10 minutes ago. Full Arata Ti with matt black trapazoid can, on Silver 06 1000RR. Will post photo once bike is all back together again. Sounds wicked! Have got PC III USB map from local racer that runs the same pipe with DNA filters. So far..... Puig dark double bubble screen, Arata reareset in black, PC III USB, SpeedoHealer, DNA filters, Renthal 42 rear and 15 front sprockets, Regina X-link gold chain, Clear Alternatives intergrated tailight (removed stock indicators), flush mount front indicators . Still to fit ... Fren Tubo braided brake hoses and Garmin 2610 or Quest, undecided at the moment. Still need to run her in before her first track day on the 13th as well.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you put enough miles on the bike before you installed the Arata to notice the difference with the full Arata and the new map? If so let us know what you experienced. Can you send me that map? Even though I am getting just an Arata slip on I would like to see how it works with my stock down pipes. I went with the aluminum Arata rear sets and will buy the Ti can. I like the contrasting clean look of the silver/aluminum.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:27 PM

I haven't riden it with the full system yet, bike is in a million pieces, wanted to complete all mods at once. Just the Fren Tubo brake lines to go but running out of time if I wanna ride this weekend. Will make a call 2morrow, probably leave the brake lines till next week. I'll let you know on Monday if I get to ride. Done 1000km on stock system so I will be able to feel the difference if any. Aparantly the map I'm getting added 14 bhp at the wheels (full race bike). Not sure how to send it to you though?? Any ideas??

Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 PM

I've been telling people for the last 6 months that Arata Ti is the BEST damn exhaust out there. I put one on my bike about 6 months ago and have never looked back. Do the PCIII, BMC race filters and get a custom map done at a Dyno-jet qualified center. Make sure you do the flapper mod and PAIR system block off before the bike hits the dyno. Smart purchase on your part though. Enjoy it bro............

Old 05-03-2006, 06:16 PM

PC III is on and using DNA filters. Have the map from Rob Portman, Honda factory rider in South Africa, who has same mods. Booked for fine tuning at Rob's race engineer next week, he's a Dyno-Jet approved. Please elaborate on PAIR system block??? Could this be causing my Fi light to stay on??

Old 05-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Not sure what exactly could be causing your fi light to stay on. The PAIR system is something that Honda designed for emission control. It basically takes the filtered air from your air box and forces any air that has ANY type of fuel vapor into the cylinders for total burn up. When dynoing the bike this must be didabled or the dyno will read much more lean then the bike is actually running due to this valve forcing more air into the motor. As far as your light staying on, check to make sure you re-allinged the cable servo for the exhaust. It is located on the left hand side of the bike and had a cable that ran form the servo to the exhaust valve on your old pipe. If you did not mark where the servo sat before you removed the stock exhaust it probably is out of allignment. This is one thing that will cause your bike to read that something is off in the fuel injection which will make your idiot light stay on. Feel free to PM me if you have ant more questions.