F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thinking about getting a Jardine RT-1 slip-on, need some input

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a Jardine RT-1 slip-on, need some input

I know there are a few threads on this pipe and others but I have a few specific questions that I didn't necessarily seean answer for in the other posts on this pipe.

How is everyone liking their Jardin RT-1exhaust? Thinking about getting one but had a few questions.

Is it quite a bit louder than the stock exhaust?
How would you rate the quality of the polished Aluminum?[/align]How is the sound, deep a throaty, Screaming, obnoxius to others around you?[/align]Is it quiet at idle, can you have a conversation at the bike without raising your voice if the bike is idling?[/align][/align]Has anyone heard the difference between the race core and the street core? I see everyone favors the race core, any particular reason?

I want to increase the sound level and quality of sound (which can be very subjective), but I don't want it to be an annoying sound such as some of those pipe the Harley riders install that are just deafening when they excellerate.[/align]

Old 05-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about getting a Jardine RT-1 slip-on, need some input

from what i heard, they are kinda quiet. i just did the two bros 10" and its pretty deep and throaty, and screams at high rpms. i was gonna get a jardine but heard they were fairly quiet. i think they look excellent though!

Old 05-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Let's ask you.. what kind of a sound are you looking for? Deep and throaty at idle and a little above? Nice putter at idle, with a screaming top end? Maybe we'll help you more if you tell us the kind of sound you're looking for. I have videos of my Two Brothers exhaust if you're interested in hearing it.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM

i would love to hear the 2 bros pipe sound from your bike..that's what i'm thinking of getting..

Old 05-04-2007, 01:58 PM

If you got myspace, go here for a list of videos:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=vids.myvideos

There's about 4 clips, 2 clips of my friend brian with his 99 F4 with a Two Brothers can, and then a few drive bys of my 04 F4i with a Carbon Fiber Two Bros Exhaust.

My F4i Drive-by
My F4i few Drive-bys
Brian F4 Wheelie-by lol
Brian F4 Wheelie-by again

Hope that gives everyone a good idea of what it sounds like. Of course it sounds so much nicer in person lol.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:06 PM

i have a RT-1 all carbon fiber. LOVE IT !!!! it is alot louder than stock but not too loud. It is throaty and screams at high rev. Its not too loud at idol that you cant talk. Everyone ive shown it too backs up and goes wow that sound mean ! my 2cents

Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: slip_

Let's ask you.. what kind of a sound are you looking for? Deep and throaty at idle and a little above? Nice putter at idle, with a screaming top end? Maybe we'll help you more if you tell us the kind of sound you're looking for. I have videos of my Two Brothers exhaust if you're interested in hearing it.
I'm the one askin' the questions!

I like the two borthers but I don't want to spend that much. I'm not looking for obnoxiously loud. Something that sounds like it has some thump at idle or down low and breaths easy up high. I'm not necessarily looking for a fart can, you know the kind that sound like a guy trying really hard to hold his a$$ cheeks together and still get the air out.

Freekymind, I like the looks of the Carbon Fiber, just wanted something cheaper, which the aluminum is. Your description sounds like what I want. At a little over 200 shipped I wouldn't get hurt as bad if I didn't like the sound. I guess I should just buy and try.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: freekymind69

i have a RT-1 all carbon fiber. LOVE IT !!!! it is alot louder than stock but not too loud. It is throaty and screams at high rev. Its not too loud at idol that you cant talk. Everyone ive shown it too backs up and goes wow that sound mean ! my 2cents
Was that on a F4i or on your 1000RR in your sig? I am going to go with the Titanium RT-1 D/O on my RR.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR_Rod

ORIGINAL: slip_

I'm the one askin' the questions!

I like the two borthers but I don't want to spend that much. I'm not looking for obnoxiously loud. Something that sounds like it has some thump at idle or down low and breaths easy up high. I'm not necessarily looking for a fart can, you know the kind that sound like a guy trying really hard to hold his a$$ cheeks together and still get the air out.

Freekymind, I like the looks of the Carbon Fiber, just wanted something cheaper, which the aluminum is. Your description sounds like what I want. At a little over 200 shipped I wouldn't get hurt as bad if I didn't like the sound. I guess I should just buy and try.
Hi--where did you find the jardine for 200 or so shipped?

thanks!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:49 PM

I had the RT 1 on my 2006 F4i and I liked the sound a lot. at idle it was pretty loud and when you were just cruzing, as far as a deep sound I don't think it was very deep. Also I think the apperance sucks on it, just because they put a sticker on the pipe and after time it faids and you can barely see it. Right now I have a yoshimure and I like that a lot better it is a little more quiet, just a little, but it has a more deep sound, and actually the performance on the yosh was better than the jardine. overall I think allthe pipes sound the same with little differences here and there. But you can't lose with yosh or two brothers. And as far as price goes the jardine is cheap but the yosh is just a little more. Also try www.xdcycle.com they have good prices on stuff or www.imotorcyclestore.com . But what ever you do do not get D&D, I've heard bad things about them but it's probably the loudest pipe out there. Hope this helps

Peace

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Jardine RT-1 slip-on, need some input