Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?

ORIGINAL: blkout15

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

welcome to the club, lol
stunting has it's forms, but in the streets, where it can go wrong, in traffic, it comes down to stupid
you can be 100% confident at something and still F*ck it up
I've been playing soccer for 15 years now (on and off) and I cant tell you how many times I've wiffed a ball coming to me (not a LOT, but I dont count, it's embarassing)
point is, you can be considered pro, you're gonna mess up, you're human, you're fallible
Riding a bike almost guarantees a messup, stunting in the streets makes the odds more
i think we can all come to the agreement you're gonna be stupid (in our opinions)
just have fun
you'll pay for the consequences
hopefully not with your life
nah man...soccer don't have crap to do with streetbikes.. SO don't even bring that up. And what people do is on them, if i decied to stunt in the streets that's on me. I don't see why you would care. i'M what 1 out of the 10000s that do it?
i think he was making a comparison to show no matter how good you think you are u can still mess up.

we care that u stunt on public streets because it makes every sportbike on the road look bad.find a parking lot man you can practice your wheelies until your good. oh and a post script dont post videos if your doing half *** stunts...u look stupid

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the comment the OP left with the stunt video,

i live by the mall ill be with u guys in a couple years when i get a bike!!
Classic kid, gonna have a bike when he grows up.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 AM

Stunting on the streets is not just on you. Its on every other person that is on the street with you. You mess up and hurt yourself, your right... why should anyone care. But, when involve other people when you hit them or take out their car because you want to show off.. then its not just on you is it? Also, making all sportbikes look bad, getting new more restrictive laws passed on sportbikes, getting roads closed down is on people like you. Have you heard Florida's potential 10 year license ban proposal for stunting on the streets if caught?? I wounder how that came about.

the more post I read from you, the more I realize either you are as ignorant as you sound, or you are just trying to get a rise out of people. I'm going to go with the latter for now, but your really close just plain ignorant.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM

hahah man... i swear you older people now days.. You guys act like you were never 17.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

OK tell me what is BS? tell me i gotta hear this.
Pretty much the entire thread, and your attitude.
don't like it? Then don't read it.. Enough said

Old 09-09-2008, 03:04 PM

Yes and that sure did come true.. lol

Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: kamikaze2899

Just go buy your GSXR, so you can fit in with g-zers, and leave already. BTW, someone should show them what BP is. I've seen 12 year olds on 50's that can wheelie better than that.
Yeah man i think i will

Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't have a 1000 but I have ridden a few of them. I had a 900rr and now I own a 929rr because it was a good deal. Around January or Febuary I am looking to buy the new 1000rr. But what I am here for is to state that, with todays technology, learning on a 1000 is really no different then learning on a 600. Now I know some of ya'll are going to tell me how that is the dumbest thing ya'll ever heard of, but it's true.

I have a buddy with a 2005 600rr that has a slip on, K&N air filter anda PCIII. Now I know ya'll don't condone stunting in the streets, but when I was in college we would go out to the country, on some old hwy that was in good shape and mess around or we would go out to a parking lot somewhere that had lights. Anyways, I know for a fact that in third gear, running 90 mph, that 600rr can come up on wheel and be rode for miles.

I guess what I am getting at is you still have to be mature and responsible to even ride a 600. I know the throttle on a 1000 is touchy, but come on guys. Any bike that came pull the front wheel in third gear at 90 mph is going to be pretty dang responsive also. For instints, if this kid on here wouldn't have bought the '06 1000 and would have bought an '06 600rr, he would still be out doing wheelies. So I don't think the size of the bike really matters in todays times. It just depends on how smart you are.

I use to do wheelies all the time and sometimesI still do in parking lots or on an empty hwy out in the country. I do it because of the rush that comes from it, not because I want attention. I ride my bike to work and back home everyday, wheather permitting, because I love to ride. I also like getting off in the twisties and getting the bike over till the foot pegs are grinding on the road.

Now I don't know if you guys only takecurves at speeds well over what they are rated for just on the track or if ya'll do it out on the streets also. But for the ones that also do it on the streets or country hwys, what is the difference between doing wheelies on the street and taking 30 mph curves at 60 mph or 60 mph curves at 120 mph? I have more close encounters with gravel in the middle of a curve then I have had doing a wheelie. I would think that you could lose you bike in gravel just as fast as you could standing it up. Just something to think about when telling people they are idiots for doing wheelies.

One last thing, just remember that we all come here cause we have a common instrest. Some people will do things that other people think is dumb. But when it comes down to it, we all just love to ride and have to watch out for one another because not many other people will.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Have you ever considered that some of us are the "man" and work in law enforcement? Maybe what Some of us concerned, and experienced riders could do for you is forward this thead to your local law enforcement. You show intent to continue breaking the law and a blatant disregard for other members of the sport who are trying to save you from yourself. You also told your home town. Not too hard to track you down....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes and that sure did come true.. lol
No it didn't

Quick Reply: Guys help me..New rider cbr 1000rr?