Is This to good to be true

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This to good to be true

This guy is selling a 06 Cbr 1000 rr with only 2200 miles for $2850 he said hes willing to ship it to my house and let me test it for 5 days see if i like and if i don't (which i doubt will happen) that he'll just ship it right back to his home no cost to me at all. This sounds to good to be true does anyone know of someone scaming people like this. If this for real and it's not to good to be true what a mad deal.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Is This to good to be true

hey if he is going to ship it out for nothing and you dont pay him up-front, i would..

but he is going to ask for like 30-50% deposit or something and then just walk away with it. Probbly with a wire transfer or an off-shore account where you wont be able to track it. so watch yourself

a 06 1Krr with only 2.2K miles is about$7,000-8,000 in the resale market.

I mean i would still take the bait a bit but never NEVER give up money intill you see the bike or know it's a real bike and a real deal. (you never know, some people are just really desperate or dumb) i've seen a TT supra 97' go for $3,500 becasue the family lost the son in Iraq and just wanted to get rid of the car - didnt know how much it was really worth.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:01 AM

The deal is that we are going to use the shipping company as insurance like i am going to put the whole 2850$ into the shipping company and they will hold until i say that yes i want the bike and then they give it to him and if i decide i do not want it then they give me money back and he comps the shipping their and back. I dunno like he said he bought new in may 07 and he got a new job in london uk and he has no time to ride maybe he just needs the $2850 to cover the last payments he has on it so he can just get rid of it? I mean if this deal is for real i could ride it for 2-3 years and then turn around and sell it and still make a profit. maybe their is such a thing as miracles. I'll post what goes down when i hear more info from him.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 AM

Yo dude,

I just got offered the same sort of deal for a 06' 1000rr that supposedly the guy use to live here in Australia? but has just moved back to the states??? He reckons that 1. he has no time to ride and 2. the import tax is going to cost him an arm and a leg and he did not check before he Brought it back to the states??? Now that I have seen some one else with same sort of situation I am calling SCAM!

He also wanted me to send the money threw a (third party) company that will hold the money until I recieve the bike and if for some reason the bike doesnt come or I am not happy with the bike ? then he reckons that the company (third party) will return the money to me in full?as He has no way of recieveing the money before I recieve the bike???

If you go ahead with the buy I would really like to know your out come but it sounds all sus to me?

Good luck.....

Old 08-04-2007, 02:59 AM

we can definetily clear this as scam right now is his email davidslabyca@yahoo.ca? he goes by the name david slaby? if it's the same person most definetily a scam.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely won't be the same person ... many scammers run the same scam .. and even if it was the same person they'd use different names and email addys. sounds, looks, smells like the same ole' thieving scam that's been going forever with just a new twist. It's your money but I say stay away ... not worth it. the rare chance it's legit isn't worth the 95% risk that it isn't. i don't have the exact pinpoint on how he's going to give you a bike to test for 5 days at no cost to you but there are so many unknowns that it still sounds like a def. scam .. e.g. is it company holding the money of your choosing or some fly-by-night company of his choice that he may have set up for just this purpose? and so many other methods .. if he was that desperate to get rid of it he could go to the first dealer and they'd give him more than that so why the f^&%k ... oh nevermind, ... just don't do it imo.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered Users

It’s a scam! I’ve heard the same scenario a million times. There aretons of thesescammers on e-bay also. Stay away!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 AM

NO dude its the real deal. Go For It. Hey your gonna need a good place to ride. I got 100 acre of beach front property in Kansas that is BEAUTIFUL. Great For Riding. Ill let it go for 3grand

Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thread, the OP almost made it believable...but we all know that no one would EVER fall for this crap.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:41 PM

alright well i now understand it was scam thank you