CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too good to be true?

Alright, so once I fix my cluster-ish problem I'm going to sell my 954...but wait.

i just looked on craigslist in cities by me and this: http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/857050390.htmlpopped up...

i was going to get prolly a yamaha r1 or a cbr 1krr that's not a retired stunt bike and that HAS been cared for before i came along...so that all i have to do is keep the chain nice 'n oiled and properly tensioned, change the oil...baby the paint and everything else....

but is that deal for that 954 too good to be true? think anything could be wrong with it?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: too good to be true?

Cage, 12 bar and fresh paint. Either was a stuner or a serious poser. I guess you could check it in person and see.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was going to say the same thing TK. Check out the frame for damage.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM

gotta be something wrong.....scam? It looks clean as hell though.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 PM

I just got an email back from the guy, I'll let you look it over...I think I might be getting lured into a scam...what do you guys think?

Hi,
the bike is still available, it'sin great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $3100, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Piersonbut I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks

He seems legit but then again...

Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Retired Moderator

Looks like an old scam to me .. not saying it is one but it sure looks like one .. btw, typing in "moneybookers scam" in google yields 126,000 results. I read the first two and it didn*t sound too good.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM

I've seen multiple auctions with almost the same wording. I know it's tempting, but I'd put a 95 percent chance on it being a scam, or at least you'd be buying a stolen bike.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:27 PM

i dont know man, i wasnt really impressed with craigs list. replied to a couple posts and they said they were from alaska gettin ready to ship to iraq and me bein in the army i was like what platoon and stuff and they kept sendin me the same reply. they wanted me to pay for the bike and then they would send it. fishy if youask me. cousin had the same thing happen to him wen he was lookin around

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Alright guys thanks for the input, i'm gonna drop trying to buy this bike, i looked into the scam and i don't think it's wise for me to go through with this...oh well. i spose i'll keep looking...Thanks again guys.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Looks like you have made up your mind, good. But just in case you think about changing it..............

ITS A SCAM! WALK AWAY

Quick Reply: too good to be true?