G Craft reservoir Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G Craft reservoir Problem

Anyone having problem with their G-Craft reservoir? My rear brakes keeps going soft and I think its because the reservoir gets hot. Granted I hardly ever use my rear brakes except for emergengy stops, but ever since I noticed I can't help but to check everytime I go out for a ride. I never had that problem before changing over to the G-Craft; I have to bleed my brakes after every long hard ride. I ordered the brambo reservoir to convert back over to a plastic reservoir to help keeping the heat out, but before doing so I figured I'll see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Default RE: G Craft reservoir Problem

ORIGINAL: simeonroudy

Anyone having problem with their G-Craft reservoir? My rear brakes keeps going soft and I think its because the reservoir gets hot. Granted I hardly ever use my rear brakes except for emergengy stops, but ever since I noticed I can't help but to check everytime I go out for a ride. I never had that problem before changing over to the G-Craft; I have to bleed my brakes after every long hard ride. I ordered the brambo reservoir to convert back over to a plastic reservoir to help keeping the heat out, but before doing so I figured I'll see if anyone else is having the same problem.
Is the outside of the resevoir hot after a long ride?? Is it very close to the exhaust? I doubt it's boiling the fluid. Are you using the specified fluid? Haven't mix fluids but replaced it all? Have you checked to make sure all possible conections, hoses are tight and not letting air get in?

Old 10-13-2007, 06:29 AM

Yea, like Talon said,i dont think you're getting it that hot.I think the boiling point on brake fluid is around 450 degrees. However that is a dry boiling point (i.e. boiling point when fluid is fresh) If there is any amount of moisture that has gotten into the system, that dramatically reduces the boiling point by almost 100 degrees (i.e. wet boiling point)

All that said, i think there is still air in the system. I would open the system and drain all the fluid, Install fresh fluid and buy yourself a good vacume pump or a pneumatic power bleeder and get ALL that air out...

Old 10-13-2007, 09:40 AM

you did use the rubber o ring off the oem piece that goes into the MC right.

also the g craft must be perfectly straight up and down or air will get in for some reason. the mounting hole is an oval so it is very easy for the res to be tilted during installation.

mine was like that until i noticed it was tilted to the left just a bit. once i straightened it up no leaks pedal is as tight now as it was 2500 miles ago when i first fixed it

and if you decide to get rid of it i will give you 70 bucks for it

Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks all for your response. IM not mixing fluid and using the right fluid. I will check the lean on the reservoir cause I've already checked everything else. Thanks fellows.