FI light and Orange flashing light-Help please

Old 08-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI light and Orange flashing light-Help please

Just got my bike back together and finalized it. I am now getting the FI inicator light flashing along with the far right orange light. The orange light is giving 3 long flashes and 4 short ones. So I believe I am getting the error code of 34? Could someone please help me and so I know what I have to do, I've already missed 2 months of riding this summer and want to get back on the road ASAP but I don't want to ruin anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Default RE: FI light and Orange flashing light-Help please

I just realized that the stock exhaust servo(the one that opened and closed the flap in the exhaust) has been completely removed(i have aftermarket exhaust) Would this be whats causing the light to come on? And if so, is it okay to leave this off(i don't see a purpose for it) and how do i get the error code to go off?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 PM

if the servo is removed or unplugged from the harness you will get a FI light
when you change the exhaust you unhook the cables from the servo but leave the servo alone
the only way to get the light to go off is to plug the servo back into the wiring harness

Old 08-23-2006, 11:43 PM

As long as it's not hurting anything, I could care less about the light. Just wanted to make sure... Oh and I noticed that the MIL light just stayed on once started it and began riding it. The Fi light also stayed on. Is this just saying there is a malfunction (the servo being detached) so it just stays on while your riding, but when you turn off it gives you the code?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM

That same FI light also comes on when you have a more serious problem, like Oil Pressure.
Just hook the servo back up (don't need to attach the cables).

Look in the service manual, all the MIL codes are in there. I think the servo is either 34 or 36... I think one of those is the MAF too, so I'm a bit confused. Its your bike, you look it up.

Another solution is to buy a Kyle/HRC ECU and it will remove the code for you.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:17 AM

When I purchased the bike I had a Yoshi slip on installed and they completly removed the servo along with the stock exhaust! Not sure how they did it but there was and is no FI light on mine! So there must be a way to reset the computer or bypass it..?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 PM

no
only the kyle ecu or the hrc ecu can do this
they may have taken the cables off of the servo and removed the flapper from the exhaust pipe but if they took the actual servo off the bike and there is no FI light then something else is wrong

is it an 05 or an 06

the 05 servo is on the engine
the 06 is under the seat in the same compartment that the trunk lock is in

Old 09-01-2006, 06:33 AM

I fitted an Arata full titanium system to my 06 CBR 1000 RR myself. The servo was completely removed. The Fi light lit up and stayed on. I was advised to put it back, did so and the Fi light was still on. I was then told the servo position needed to be marked before being removed which obviously was too late to do. I tried moving the servo to find the original position but as soon as the ignition turns on the servo snaps back to where it was. Eventually took it for a customised PC map and dyno, they took care of the problem but are not saying how. They setup the race bikes for our local Superbike series so obviously know all the tricks. So, when you have your PC map and dyno done ask them to check it out.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 AM

Marking the servo is BS. Makes no difference.
If the servo is re-installed the MIL error will go away, but you have to CLEAR the codes from memory.
The Service manual tells you how to do this.

I pulled the servo, had the error.
replaced servo, error went away.
swapped oem ecu for Kyle ecu and pulled servo, no error.

Some people are confused about what exactly the servo is...
When you change exhausts, you are not removing the servo.

Besides, the only benifit to removing the servo, is that it weights exactly 1.00lbs.