Damaged RR6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damaged RR6

Hi! I am English, living in Greece owner of an 06 Blade which I bought new in Rome, Italy - following the theft of my 954 Blade, that's another story! Anyway 2 weeks ago some malaka (bad Greek word like Banker) hit my bike whilst it was parked outside. The rear wheel took the most impact from his idiotic handbrake turn from a major road, so that is destroyed. Petrol tank cover, left upper fairing, top fairing, clutch lever, handlebar, wing mirror need replacing.

I have this idiots insurance details, he accepts responsibility (he also hit another car) but the system with insurance here is simply unbelievable. Be warned if you have an accident in Greece you have to pay for the damage first and then claim it back form the other person or his insurance, regardless of fault..... anyway.

I am now trying to source the damaged parts myself as nothing is happening. David Silver http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/ seems a good bet and I remember seeing them at the NEC Bike shows a few years back. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Can anyone also please tell me if there is any difference between the Rear Wheel from an RR4 RR5, I am sure they are the same size/dimensions etc.

And of course if anyone might have these parts then please let me know. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Default RE: Damaged RR6

sorry, but its hard to understand you...
I just want to help you out with the california version of what happened and what you need to know.........

ok here I go:::

"TrickyNic" Said:
"Some piece of crap cagger hit his ride and messed it up, and in Greece this means TrickyNic is ****ED. TrickyNic has to pay for the repairs that some dumb**** caused. Then beg for the cost back. Since its not his fault he needs to find parts for cheap. Also TrickyNic needs to know if the 04-05 CBR1000RR rear wheel fits on an 06-07 CBR1000RR.

I hope this can explain whats he needs and wants.....

PLEASE HELP HIM....
I know the answers are here TrickyNic just do some searches

Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Default RE: Damaged RR6

Man spot on, I was just been polite!