Damaged '07 600rr value

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damaged '07 600rr value

A local towing company I've done some computer work for has a '07 cbr600rr at there shop that I'm kind of interested in.

Basically, some kid bought it before he was deployed to Iraq, before he left, he was letting his friend start it up every once in a while and whatnot. I guess the friend ends up taking it out, gets pulled over, has no license and gets arrested. The bike gets impounded (stored inside) and has been there for a while. The company will own it in a couple days from what I'm told.

I talked to the owner and he said he would give me a good deal on it if I was interested. Here are the details.

- '07
- ~5k miles
- Appears to been dropped on both sides, broken lever, some fairing damage, doesn't look too serious.

What would be a "good" deal for this bike?

Thanks in advance!

- Joe

Last edited by Joemflsxe; 06-02-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$5k or less.

Has anyone tried contacting the actual owner?

Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
$5k or less.

Has anyone tried contacting the actual owner?
Not sure, it's been there for a while tho, the impound fee is something ridiculous too.

Spoke with the owner of the shop briefly, he said they see stuff like this happen all the time on bikes and he would sell it for 70% of the "value". He didn't have the paperwork on hand to give me anymore details. Depending on how they determine the "value" will probably be the deciding factor. Possibly a really good deal if they value the bike at 5k or something.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM

I went to the shop today to talk with the owner, he said he will sell it to me for $3k.

Runs fine, just cosmetic issues. I looked at it closer today and it looks like maybe some parts where the fairings attach to the frame may need to be replaced, pegs looked bent as well, left mirror is gone.

I think for $3k it's a steal, even if I had to drop a few hundred on some misc bodywork. Probably will pick it up Monday.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:23 PM

in the uk 07 would cost around 5k for one with 5k miles on it so 3k seems good to me

Old 06-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

3k is a steal, id do it in a heartbeat!....assuming its got no mechanical damage

Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's just fairings and levers, GO GET THAT BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

That's a friggin steal. I would sell my F3 today and go pick up that thing. Wow, you're a lucky guy..

(Make sure not to get overly excited and check out the bike VERY well)

Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Payed for it this morning, was torture working 10+ hours today with it sitting in the corner of our shop haha. Didn't have time to completely assess the damage, but it's pretty much a right mid fairing, right blinker, left mirror, 1 screw for the seat. Scratches are very minor, doesn't even look like it went through the graphics. Some minor scratches on the engine case (left and right). No frame damage, road it for a few miles and it runs super smooth, shifts normal.

Going to try to get some parts ordered tonight, then this weekend change the oil and get a new set of tires.

Last edited by Joemflsxe; 06-15-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:05 PM

I Hate you! J/K you got a hell of a deal. what type of title did you get with it?

Quick Reply: Damaged '07 600rr value