CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   calling hotbodies exhaust owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/calling-hotbodies-exhaust-owners-35777/)

haak30 04-10-2007 07:03 AM

calling hotbodies exhaust owners

Does anyone that actually own a hotbodies exhuast and not like them or are having any troubles with them? I love the look but I hear that it is hot on a long ride, melts the plastics and that you can feel the heat while you are riding. Is any of this actually true?

pbbreath 04-10-2007 03:14 PM

RE: calling hotbodies exhaust owners

Have a friend who has one on his ZX-6R and the only thing that I know for sure it that it is RETARDEDLY LOUD. I mean, we always make him ride @ the back. And we like loud.

monty1krr 04-10-2007 09:27 PM

I got the system last fall andhavehad some problems withit.It didnt fit to well had to do some shaving. Almost everytimeI did a wheelie it like come apart so I had to drill and put a bolt in the middle.As for the heat I haven't had a problem I was inDaytona running hot the whole time it never melted. It is loud but i like it.

firefighter110a 05-10-2007 11:36 PM

I have the Hotbodies undertail exhaust kit... Looks great, Sounds great.... but it does heat up the seat.... And i had it insalled (thankfully) and it melted through the plastic upwards, and actually melted my seat. The people that installed it are taking care of it on their accord..... But don't be shy with the heat wrap.

bboi 05-11-2007 12:49 PM

I had the system, my first one melted but that was the retard that put it on fault. Yea didnt use a lock bolt and it rattled the can loose and fell on the plastic but still with that it took a good hour ride to melt the plastics. Hotbodies they sent me a new plastic. on this one I made sure I heat taped the whole thing very well. And of course used a lock bolt. But I recently took it off because I like the jardine dual outlet. So if anyone is interested in a hotbodies exhaust for a discount price I have it. Black.

7thgear 05-21-2007 08:29 PM

bboi how much and what state are you in?

DaHowler34 05-29-2007 04:14 PM

Hey yo I know a guy with 06 1000rr that had the hotbodies exhaust.....Looked amazing sounded loud as hell. He couldn't handle it he had it fora year and he just sold it because it gave him headaches.

tyson_rr 05-29-2007 10:26 PM

Well I for one have it on my 600rr and it gets compliments all day long from fellow riders about its "distinct" sound I love its sound very different from other pipes....I swear mines not that loud not as loud as my buddies yoshi pipes....I installed it myself! NEVER melted anything...yes rearsection still gets a little warm but nothing to noticeable...the hardest part is mounting the can just rite to go in the hole in the new fairing. Not to mention you dont have a long ass can sticking out past your taillight imo best exhaust for any RR.

bboi 05-30-2007 12:49 AM

bout 300 and im in sc

firefighter110a 06-01-2007 03:51 AM

I have an 06 1000 RR, and had the Hotbodies undertail exhaust/ F/E installed. It did melt through and burn my seat... they are replacing it. I have also noticed that it does get the trunk and back seat extra warm. As for the sound... GREAT... I love it... and It looks great