CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   calling hotbodies exhaust owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/calling-hotbodies-exhaust-owners-35777/)

haak30 04-10-2007 07:03 AM

calling hotbodies exhaust owners

Does anyone that actually own a hotbodies exhuast and not like them or are having any troubles with them? I love the look but I hear that it is hot on a long ride, melts the plastics and that you can feel the heat while you are riding. Is any of this actually true?

pbbreath 04-10-2007 03:14 PM

RE: calling hotbodies exhaust owners

Have a friend who has one on his ZX-6R and the only thing that I know for sure it that it is RETARDEDLY LOUD. I mean, we always make him ride @ the back. And we like loud.

monty1krr 04-10-2007 09:27 PM

I got the system last fall andhavehad some problems withit.It didnt fit to well had to do some shaving. Almost everytimeI did a wheelie it like come apart so I had to drill and put a bolt in the middle.As for the heat I haven't had a problem I was inDaytona running hot the whole time it never melted. It is loud but i like it.

firefighter110a 05-10-2007 11:36 PM

I have the Hotbodies undertail exhaust kit... Looks great, Sounds great.... but it does heat up the seat.... And i had it insalled (thankfully) and it melted through the plastic upwards, and actually melted my seat. The people that installed it are taking care of it on their accord..... But don't be shy with the heat wrap.

bboi 05-11-2007 12:49 PM

I had the system, my first one melted but that was the retard that put it on fault. Yea didnt use a lock bolt and it rattled the can loose and fell on the plastic but still with that it took a good hour ride to melt the plastics. Hotbodies they sent me a new plastic. on this one I made sure I heat taped the whole thing very well. And of course used a lock bolt. But I recently took it off because I like the jardine dual outlet. So if anyone is interested in a hotbodies exhaust for a discount price I have it. Black.

7thgear 05-21-2007 08:29 PM

bboi how much and what state are you in?

DaHowler34 05-29-2007 04:14 PM

Hey yo I know a guy with 06 1000rr that had the hotbodies exhaust.....Looked amazing sounded loud as hell. He couldn't handle it he had it fora year and he just sold it because it gave him headaches.

tyson_rr 05-29-2007 10:26 PM

Well I for one have it on my 600rr and it gets compliments all day long from fellow riders about its "distinct" sound I love its sound very different from other pipes....I swear mines not that loud not as loud as my buddies yoshi pipes....I installed it myself! NEVER melted anything...yes rearsection still gets a little warm but nothing to noticeable...the hardest part is mounting the can just rite to go in the hole in the new fairing. Not to mention you dont have a long ass can sticking out past your taillight imo best exhaust for any RR.

bboi 05-30-2007 12:49 AM

bout 300 and im in sc

firefighter110a 06-01-2007 03:51 AM

I have an 06 1000 RR, and had the Hotbodies undertail exhaust/ F/E installed. It did melt through and burn my seat... they are replacing it. I have also noticed that it does get the trunk and back seat extra warm. As for the sound... GREAT... I love it... and It looks great

menefreghista 06-02-2007 08:31 AM

all ya HotBodies exhaust owners need to go move onto GSXRs or something equally squid'ly[8D]

bboi 06-02-2007 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

all ya HotBodies exhaust owners need to go move onto GSXRs or something equally squid'ly[8D]
oh man that was a good one... can I join your pompuos bully club?

gassarvet 06-03-2007 07:00 AM

^+1 menefreghista is probebly the only smart guy on this forum, we should all try to copy him!!!

bboi 06-04-2007 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: gassarvet

^+1 menefreghista is probebly the only smart guy on this forum, we should all try to copy him!!!
your right mama always said I could do anything I want to as long as Imimitating someone else. I think her words were " Never be yourself, individualism is for suckers"

monty1krr 06-04-2007 10:14 PM

What about the hotbodies exhaust makes you a squid?

baxsom 06-04-2007 11:00 PM

well for starters it is obnoxiously loud for the little gains it gives
then more than anything it looks like a giant butthole on the back of the bike

i buy parts that will increase performance. not sound like a chainsaw for no reason

oh and that wasnt a joke menefreghista is probably one of the most knowledgable people about this bike here. take what he says to heart

bboi 06-05-2007 11:50 AM

WOW someones on menefrghistas jock. The biggest thing bout having a bike is making it your own. So if you like something that someone else thinks is "squid" f**k em. You put the money in your bike, not them. I mean I think alot of crazy stuff bout guys bikes but Im not one to tell them where to spend there money.

gassarvet 06-05-2007 12:20 PM

Turn the knob between your your shoulders on!!! Just because (if) you know alot bout a bike doesen't make it a reason to call pepole that like something else silly childish names!! What's loud to you is not of my interest!! If someone that has a bike in ROTM that I think is ugly is that a reason, no I do not think so! This would not be a niceforum to log on to then. Just let pepole like what they like. If I wantyouradvise I will let you know!

Onarom 06-05-2007 12:54 PM

Its getting a little heated in this thread. I love how the HotBodies exhaust looks on the CBR, but Baxsom's butthole comment cracked me up!

As a fact, the Hotbodies does put out some of the highest decibles - even louder than D&D. That doesn't make it a bad choice. Go with what you like.

Besides, truthfully, how many of us will be able to tell and use the 2hp difference between pipes. If we were really that good, then we should be making money by riding these bikes, correct?

menefreghista 06-11-2007 07:03 AM

i find it amazing that some HotBodies owners know their exhaust sounds like sh!t, does nothing in the way of performance and causes severe overheating issues that melts plastics but still stand behind their choice

modding a bike is a learning experience ... there's no guarantee you'll always get it right but accepting the truth and moving onto better is what makes the whole lifestyle something to look forward to

_Jay_ 06-11-2007 11:34 AM

The exhaust looks nice but the concept is retarded.

Oh and sup Sapan :D

gassarvet 06-11-2007 03:00 PM

Yopu are not to smart!!!!!!!!

TX Repsol 06-11-2007 03:50 PM

That's classic right there.

monty1krr 06-11-2007 07:35 PM

Ok so your the first person that I've heard that thinks it sounds like sh!t. So race bikes sound like sh!t to you? And how many more ponies do you think your pipe makes if any. If you dont like it thats fine but what make you the authority on pipes. I'm wondering if I should have talked to you before shopping for a pipe I dont like being a "squid".

baxsom 06-11-2007 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: monty1krr

Ok so your the first person that I've heard that thinks it sounds like sh!t. So race bikes sound like sh!t to you? And how many more ponies do you think your pipe makes if any. If you dont like it thats fine but what make you the authority on pipes. I'm wondering if I should have talked to you before shopping for a pipe I dont like being a "squid".
the hotbodies in no way shape or form sounds like a race bike
and i have never said it sounded bad because i figured i didnt need to
my pipe netted 10 rwhp from the baseline to the custom map
to ask a stupid question like that proves you are a squid because someone who acutally knew bikes would know how much hp there bike started with and ended with if nothing else for matter of "because"

squids buy stuff that either sounds or looks "cool" just for the poser points not for any performance gains. yes the hotbodies sounds like ass but if it gave anywhere near the performance increase of a sato or an arata id swap the ugly ass retarded thing into my bike in a heartbeat.

look at it this way
in ama, wsb etc i have never seen a hotbodies but i do see Arata (known as Striker) and Sato not to mention arrow as well

bboi 06-11-2007 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

to ask a stupid question like that proves you are a squid because someone who acutally knew bikes would know how much hp there bike started with and ended with if nothing else for matter of "because"

squids buy stuff that either sounds or looks "cool" just for the poser points not for any performance gains. yes the hotbodies sounds like ass but if it gave anywhere near the performance increase of a sato or an arata id swap the ugly ass retarded thing into my bike in a heartbeat.

look at it this way
in ama, wsb etc i have never seen a hotbodies but i do see Arata (known as Striker) and Sato not to mention arrow as well

Give it up dude. You'll never be Nicky Haden. You talk about people being squids cause they buy stuff that they like? If anything I believe you would be this "squid" character you talk bout, cause you buy something that cost alot to add HP. HP that you will never use. If you was that guy out there using all the HP of your bike it wouldnt be on the street it would be on the track, beside Hayden an Rossi. So get over tellin people what they can get an buy some more hp that you'll never use.

baxsom 06-11-2007 11:48 PM

so what you are saying is that its ok to spend money on something that does absolutly nothing for you but its not ok to buy something that actually gives you a return. spoken like a true squid. thats like paying for a blow job and having the hooker read you a bedtime story instead. can i help it if i dont like seeing people waste their money on pointless, useless crap that doesnt do anything for them other than melt the plastic under their seat

it is a matter of quality. these pieces of **** pipes that only cost a few hundred bucks can never compare to the true works of art.
the welds look like they were done by a blind monkey and the pipe itself sometimes doesnt even fit right.

might as well keep it stock and save the money on something better like rim tape, or those valve stem dust caps that light up when they spin. i bet your civic has an autozone muffler back that sounds like a chain saw too

as far as hayden goes, better find someone else to compare to because he is the biggest poser squid of them all
guy gets lucky one year when everyone else crashes out and all of the sudden he is doing bling poser ads for alpinestar. please though go over to 1000rr.net and ask about hotbodies to people who are actually fast enough to qualifiy for AMA races and see what they think dont take my word for it

bboi 06-12-2007 12:08 AM

Is it your money those guys are spendin?....waitin for it....waintin for it.....then shut the hell up

tpgpz 06-12-2007 02:39 PM

spoken like a true squid. thats like paying for a blow job and having the hooker read you a bedtime story instead.
might as well keep it stock and save the money on something better like rim tape, or those valve stem dust caps that light up when they spin.

i bet your civic has an autozone muffler back that sounds like a chain saw too

Now that is funny!! You must have nailed it because bboi's response is pathetic!!

LOUD DOES NOT EQUAL FAST OR COOL!! Just ask a Harley!!

bboi 06-12-2007 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: tpgpz

spoken like a true squid. thats like paying for a blow job and having the hooker read you a bedtime story instead.
might as well keep it stock and save the money on something better like rim tape, or those valve stem dust caps that light up when they spin.

i bet your civic has an autozone muffler back that sounds like a chain saw too

Now that is funny!! You must have nailed it because bboi's response is pathetic!!

LOUD DOES NOT EQUAL FAST OR COOL!! Just ask a Harley!!

Hey this is comin from a guy who has a suzuki sponsored pipe on his bike. I mean neither one of ya have room to talk bout what someone spends their money on.

cali kush 06-12-2007 04:03 PM

Don't worry bboi. Just buy what ya wan't and who cares what someone else thinks. If it looks good to you get it...it's your $$$ & if it melts something then live & learn. Life is to short to worry about 10 hp he isn't gonna use cause he spends too much time in a forum instead of on the track. Not everyone can get "the best of the best." or even use it to it's potential.

p.s. yeah first post, just had to throw in my 2 cents.

_Jay_ 06-12-2007 05:47 PM

Loud does equal better. Look at all those kids with the coffee cans on the back of their imports![sm=icon_rock.gif]

tpgpz 06-12-2007 06:31 PM

Loud does equal better??? Oh my God!! So does it make it faster too?!?! I guess I will just cut the Suzuki sponsered can off (that was already on it when I got it, by the way) and run a straight pipe!! Maybe I can qualify for MotoGP then!!

I knew he was going to hack on the RS-5...it is not long for this world man. A real pipe will be replacing it soon. I just haven't decided what I want yet. I actually have an HRC exhaust from an AMA bike...so if you want loud and fast...I got it...just seems like too much for riding back and forth to work.

bboi, you may want to relax a bit. Life is too short. I think if you really read these posts, they are just getting under your skin...

We all loveour Honda's and we want to make them unique...So let's just all get along and sing Kumbaya together...some just a little louder than others....:D and then there are some that will have meltedplastic dripping from their bikes butt hole!

bboi 06-12-2007 06:41 PM

Dude trust me Im not gettin worked up by this computer stuff. Just cause I make a post doesnt mean it aggrevates me. I just feel like layin out a reply. Im not givin you mess bout ya pipe. Do what you want with ya bike thats what makes it you. I mean if I was to give you **** bout anything it be the NOS anyways LOL nah Im messin with you man. LOL The funniest thing about it is I dont even have the hotbodies on my bike( DO HAVE ONE FOR SALE THOU) I just trip on you guys who call everyone "squids". Its like highschool online LOL

tpgpz 06-12-2007 07:27 PM

That's cool man! No problem here.

Now why would you go after the NOS??....You should see the look on Suzuki guys when I walk away at 160...it is very addictive....;)

bboi 06-12-2007 07:40 PM

You have to have NOS to do that? LOL

gassarvet 06-12-2007 07:51 PM

look at it this way

10hp how much is that when your bike looks like yo've shuved a fat metal thingy up it's arse????

tpgpz 06-12-2007 11:51 PM

don't have to have it...but it is a lot of fun!!

bboi 06-13-2007 12:24 AM

Yea I bet, I thought bout it for a sec but thats bout it. LOL I mean if you like it thats cool. I would maybe do it if I could hide the bottle. that an if it didnt put such a strain on my engine.

menefreghista 06-13-2007 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TX Repsol

That's classic right there.
well he's probably Swedish