2008 cbr1000rr frame compatible with???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 cbr1000rr frame compatible with???

I have a 2008 cbr 1000rr with a salvage title so Ive been looking for a 2009 frame because I know theyre compatible. Does anyone know if the frame changed in 2010-11???

Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM

BUMP for a little help... Anyone out there???

Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do believe they are the same. Now real changes on the 1k since 08

Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

only body changes since '08 are minor -the battery tray on the abs model, exhaust cover, license plate holder. frames should be identical.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Thanks, that will give me a couple of more options trying to find a frame. Theyre damn expensive on ebay so Im trying to find for a more reasonable price.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM

im trying to do the same thing but i just got a blank frame so if you were looking to sell the salvage title i'd buy it i think it would pass nj state law

Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM

im trying to do the same thing but i just got a blank frame so if you were looking to sell the salvage title i'd buy it i think it would pass nj state law
You can't take a title from another frame and apply it to your frame. Titles are specific to the frame/bike, and only to the frame/bike they were issued with.

By law, if you bought his title, you would then own his bike. Why in the world would someone sell their title to you? You do understand that the title is the ownership to the bike right?

I think if you bought a blank frame, either it was meant for racing, or someone screwed you and sold you a stolen frame and removed the numbers. Either way, that frame will not be able to be used legally on the streets. Without a vin number, there won't be anyway to track its history or saftey inspections. How do you know who even made the frame if there aren't any numbers? Is it even an 07 frame or even a CBR frame?

Honestly, I didn't even think it was legal to sell a frame without a title. You may be able to get your money back on that frame. Thats the first thing I would be doing is calling the person that sold it to you and ask why there wasn't a title.

Was it stated in the ad that the frame was blank without a title?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
You can't take a title from another frame and apply it to your frame. Titles are specific to the frame/bike, and only to the frame/bike they were issued with.

By law, if you bought his title, you would then own his bike. Why in the world would someone sell their title to you? You do understand that the title is the ownership to the bike right?

I think if you bought a blank frame, either it was meant for racing, or someone screwed you and sold you a stolen frame and removed the numbers. Either way, that frame will not be able to be used legally on the streets. Without a vin number, there won't be anyway to track its history or saftey inspections. How do you know who even made the frame if there aren't any numbers? Is it even an 07 frame or even a CBR frame?

Honestly, I didn't even think it was legal to sell a frame without a title. You may be able to get your money back on that frame. Thats the first thing I would be doing is calling the person that sold it to you and ask why there wasn't a title.

Was it stated in the ad that the frame was blank without a title?

all it said was oem cbr 1000 frame i didnt think they could sell a frame without a title but they did and its a new frame no spy paint or any thing like that just came blank but if he was buying a new frame anyway he would have a title to that frame so i wouldnt own anything only that tittle im not sure if i can just go to dmv and have them make me something i have no idea how it works but i feel ****ed

Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 AM

If I do find a clean titled frame at a reasonable cost I will be selling the salvage frame I have along with the title as I wont be needing it anymore. Id like to find one for right around $2000 but havent found one yet. Any other forums or sites anyone can reccomend??? I passed on one on ebay for $2100 with a clean title but it didnt have a vin sticker so thats why I was a little leary of it.