1st 1k, 1st mods, cheap prices, & problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st 1k, 1st mods, cheap prices, & problems

Im new to the forum and new to the 1000rr. Just got my 1st litter bike and got what i think hands down is the sweetest bike on the market right now or every produced, the 2006RR. i got a RS 5 Slip on and a power commander. this was installed by the dealer for what i thought was a fiair fee (60.00 per item). I paid 9583.00 plus tax and accessories. I went to Southern Power Motor Sports in Chattanooga Tn. NOW FOR THE PROBLEMS.

I picked up 2 1000rr, one for me (Blk & Red) and 1 for my best friend (silver). the sale for the bikes was conducted prior to our arrivial and both bikes were to received a power commander and Ti Yosh RS 5 pipes. the bikes were set up to be ready for delivery on Fri 5-12 at 1200pm. I made the 8hr drive the day prior and spent the night. that morning i went to the dealer and coducted all the paperwork to work out any kinks. at about 10:00 they tell me only one of the pipes made it in. they said the had a carbon and ti akrapovic. Not a problem, cant go wrong with that pipe Right! so about 2:00 the second bike finally comes to shop from the warehouse. Needless to say i wasnt leaving at 12:00. well about 4:30 i decided i would walk into the shop and check on the progress and look the bikes over for damage (since a bike brought to the show room was dropped on the way over while doing a burn out). while looking my bike over i observed that the shinning metal under my bike did not look any thing like titanium. That right, ******* stainless. Needless to say they didnt have a Ti pipe so i got the Ti.

So what im saying is, you want customer service go pay $2000.00 more somewhere else. You want a cheap bike without being treated somewhat like a paying customer go to my dealer. And just to clarify I will still by my next bike there just on my terms, gonna flip the clock in my favor and not try to do it all in a small time window, give my self a little more room for dealership errors.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Default RE: 1st 1k, 1st mods, cheap prices, & problems

Welcome in dude!!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: 1st 1k, 1st mods, cheap prices, & problems

Good story, welcome to the forum.

My feedback regarding So Po is similar. It was about a 5 hr drive each way for me. I talked to them over the phone about adding some parts, but some of their information regarding certain aspects of the bike contradicted some of the information I had gotten from this forum. So ultimately didn't have them add anything. Besides, doing your own mods is half the fun of having the bike.

Anyway, I spent almost as much time in their shop standing around waiting to pay as I did driving down there. You will get the absolute best deal on a new Honda that you could find anywhere in the country. However, that's all you'll get. Even still, it was worth it. I'd do it again.