F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

History of mods with pics, prices, sources, and install times

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking History of mods with pics, prices, sources, and install times

So, I bought my 2001 CBR F4i with about 14,XXX miles on the ODO back on 9/14/09. These are the mods/improvements since the purchase. The original purchase price was $2,330. Interesting price I know with the $30 in there, but I was negotiating it down from $3,000! ENJOY MY POST!!!

Honda Cam Chain Tensioner - $74.81 Aurora, CO Cam Chain Tensioner Install - $80.11 TOTAL - $154.92
Honda Dealer
Definitely worth it as my bike idles much quieter now. I hated hearing that metal on metal sound. Well worth $154.92 in parts and labor!!!

Clear Windscreen - $26.99 total including shipping from eBay:
I don't have the URL
Install time - 20 minutes. Paint time 30 minutes. I should have known better by the pics as the bottom portion of the screen is clear. I had to paint it black so it would cover all of the wiring in the upper fairing.

Driver's and Passenger's vinyl seat covers - $32.00 total including shipping from eBay:
Beck Cronis is the Seller's Name - Custom Seat Creations
Install time - 2 hours. Definitely took some time, but I could do it in an hour now I think. Removal of old vinyl was easy, but all the stapling to make sure it was perfect was a pain! It was worth it though! Staple gun with staples cost me $16.80.

LED Mirrors - $42.90 total including shipping from eBay:
I don't have the URL
Install time - 30 minutes. Great item from China. Existing wiring existed from previous owner.

M4 High Mount Stainless Steel Exhaust - $319.00 total including shipping
http://www.pipecity.com
Install time - 30 minutes. Removed factory exhaust and installed new exhaust. No fairing removal was necessary. Drop shipped from M4 in TX.

Carbon Fiber Brake Reservoir Cap - $9.80 total including shipping from eBay:
I don't have the URL
Install time - 5 minutes. Fit perfectly from an item from China!

Carbon Fiber Gas Tank Pad and Gas Cap Cover - $6.94 total including shipping from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...69426&viewitem=
Install time - 10 minutes. Cleaned surface. Easy alignment as stickers are a one piece design which was nice. Item from China.

Wheel Stripes - $7.49 total including shipping from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...29486&viewitem=
Install time - 60 minutes. Cleaned wheels. Used factory kick stand. Just had to move the wheels alot to line everything up.

HERE ARE THE PICS:

Appearance when I bought it:

Appearance after M4 High Mount Stainless Steel Exhaust and pre-wheel stripes:

Appearance after wheel stripes:

LED Mirror illuminates when the bike is on. Does not flash with blinkers:

LED Mirror non-illuminated (when bike is off):

LED Mirror view:

CF Brake Reservoir Cap:

CF Tank Pads:

I hope this helps some people out there with their projects. Feel free to contact me for any help you may need with your mods!

Ride smart!!!

Last edited by roller1150; 04-21-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great roller....LUV the blinker mirrors!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Nice bike.

Custom seat creations has a nice product. I bought a cover for my f3 when I had it because it was ripped and was not disappointed.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM

Should clean up the wire connected to the signals in the mirrors. There are slits in the bottom of the mount where the mirror stalk bolts in. I threaded the wires through the slit and drilled a small hole, in the middle of the existing holes, and threaded the wire through that. Cleans up the look alot since you dont have that wire just dangling there.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 AM

Here is an exact copy of the invoice from Pipe City for the M4 exhaust system. I hope this helps!

Name
Part NumberCategoryManufacturerQtyPriceM4 Stainless High Sport Slip-OnHO6332 Exhaust M4 Exhaust 1$319.00
Subtotal:$319.00Tax:$0.00Shipping:$0.00Total:$319. 00

Old 04-24-2010, 09:21 AM

your ever going to paint the tank or just leave it siver?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the only thing that would drive me nuts is the open steering stem... aside from that it is great.. I actually like the tank silver.. breaks it up and the black wings tie it in.

Adam

Old 04-28-2010, 12:44 PM

OK...
So I have decided to leave my tank silver.
I am going to re-wire my mirrors though as TEKO1020 mentioned. Great advice thanks!
I am going powder coat my rearsets black as Dan5 has done. Thanks again for the purchase of the Devil exhaust!
I am going to use some CF vinyl I bought from eBay and experiment wrapping the air ducts with it to see how it looks.
I am going to wrap my cheap a** China brake reservoir cover with CF vinyl as I noticed yesterday the current CF coating is flaking off!!!
Turbulenz - I will definitely find something to cover up the open steering stem!!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. More work to do...As always! I love modifying things. Cars included!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by roller1150
OK...
So I have decided to leave my tank silver.
I am going to re-wire my mirrors though as TEKO1020 mentioned. Great advice thanks!
I am going powder coat my rearsets black as Dan5 has done. Thanks again for the purchase of the Devil exhaust!
I am going to use some CF vinyl I bought from eBay and experiment wrapping the air ducts with it to see how it looks.
I am going to wrap my cheap a** China brake reservoir cover with CF vinyl as I noticed yesterday the current CF coating is flaking off!!!
Turbulenz - I will definitely find something to cover up the open steering stem!!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. More work to do...As always! I love modifying things. Cars included!!!
could be wrong man but i dont see anyway that you can wrap ur duct covers.. to many bends involved... but if u think u can more power to ya... bikes lookin sharp keep it up

Old 04-28-2010, 04:38 PM

im looking at getting that m4 high mount exhaust too. but i was wondering if by any chance u have a video of ur bike with it running there only a couple good youtube vids with it on a f4i .

Quick Reply: History of mods with pics, prices, sources, and install times