'05 CBR1000RR Specs and Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 CBR1000RR Specs and Info

Hey guys, this is my first post (other than in the intro section). I'm currently in the planning stages of building a bike engined car, bec for short. I have bounced around the idea of a few different engine choices for this thing, but everyone keeps telling me the CBR1000RR is a really great choice, not to mention that I found a fairly cheap one. Therefore, I'm pretty much set on using one. The engine I found is out of an '04 or '05 CBR1000RR, which I'm told was the same engine for both of those years. Now, I've only researched it on wikipedia, and I know that's not a very reliable source sometimes. According to that site, the '05 is a bad choice when compared to the year or two after it because of the horsepower rating. I was hoping some of you could give me some solid info about the power this motor makes, what rpm band it likes, etc, etc. Also, maybe you could give me an idea on what the best (and cheapest) ways to get some more power out of it are. I'll give details of the bec if you're interested in it. Thanks guys.

-g9m3c

Old 01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Default RE: '05 CBR1000RR Specs and Info

Any takers?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM

its not a bad choice at all really. not really any difference in hp either

Old 01-31-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

its not a bad choice at all really. not really any difference in hp either
Oh ok, then out goes the stupid wikipedia research again. []According to that joke of a site, the 04/05 models were 148.6hp/78.4 ft. lbs. the 06/07 models were 158.8hp/79.6 ft. lbs. and the 08 is 178hp. I'm guessing this isn't correct?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 PM

From reading for the last half hour, it looks like your numbers are relatively correct, but of course it varies from site to site along with my height depending which convenience store I am leaving...I think dizzie was comparing the 04' to the 05' model, but I can't be sure. Either way, a 1000rr would be a good engine to use especially if you get a deal on it. Post up some pics of what you plan on doing!! I would love to see it because I am in an automotive program that does a similar thing!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
VP

Unique Features
[ul][*]Liquid-cooled 998cc inline four-cylinder engine.[*]Aluminum frame patterned after RC211V MotoGP racer's.[*]Honda Electronic Steering Damper™ (HESD™) for optimum steering effort and stability.[*]Cassette-type close-ratio six-speed transmission.[*]Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.[*]Radial-mounted front brakes.[*]Center-up exhaust system.[*]Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V.[*]Line Beam Headlight features three-piece reflector design.[*]Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (DSFI) features two injectors per cylinder.[*]Aggressive styling based on the championship-winning RC211V MotoGP machine.
[/ul]Engine/Drivetrain
[ul][*]Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 998cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features bore and stroke dimensions of 75mm x 56.5mm.[*]Sixteen-valve cylinder head features 29mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves with an 11.9:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.[*]Lightweight nutless connecting rods.[*]Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.[*]Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.[*]Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder--one upper and one lower--controlled by an ECU that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower. At lower rpm only the lower injector is working. At higher rpm, both injectors are activated. The system uses 44mm throttle bodies.[*]Denso injectors with lightweight valving for faster reaction time and 12 holes per injector improve atomization of fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.[*]Auto-enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.[*]Forged aluminum pistons with moly surface treatment for reduced friction.[*]Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.[*]Electronic ECU provides two digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and two digital 3-D ignition maps for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.[*]Ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the 8.35-liter airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.[*]Stainless steel four-into-two-into-one center-up exhaust with twin outlets and titanium core increases lean angle and reduces wind drag.[*]Liquid-cooled aluminum oil cooler is lightweight and efficient.[*]Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.[*]Starter gears located on the right side to produce narrow engine and increased lean angle.[*]Race-spec radiator with 40 percent greater volume compared to CBR954RR.[*]Eight-plate clutch is compact and tough, featuring durable friction plate material.[*]Cassette-type, close-ratio six-speed transmission is easily accessible for rapid gear ratio changes and maintenance at the race track.[*]Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
[/ul]Chassis/Suspension
[ul][*]Lightweight twin-spar aluminum frame borrows RC211V technology.[*]Aluminum-hybrid rear swingarm is longest in class for superior traction under hard acceleration.[*]Aluminum subframe is lightweight and easily removed for ease of maintenance.[*]Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is a rotary type steering damper that electronically modulates steering damping based on road speed. An ECU unit senses road speed and sends a signal to a solenoid. The solenoid controls an oil pressure relief valve within the damper unit. At slower spe

Old 01-31-2008, 07:08 PM

Sounds good to me, I'm definitely gunna try and get this thing! Thanks for the help guys, and I'll try and post up some pics and some info in the next day or so.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 PM

does anybody know where i could find a good deal on a yoshimura full exhaust system {rs-5}for a 06 cbr 1000rr. Any web site would do......thanks [8D]