CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Temp switch for fan

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Temp switch for fan

ORIGINAL: Shadow

Once your battery's a bit down, you need to run above 3000RPM for a while, so the battery can take the 14.5 - 15V the stator will deliver. I'm not certain how long it would take, probably around 10-15K's or so, but my voltmeter tells me when things are not as they should be. I'd recommend one for every Hurricane owner. Here's mine, for the benefit of newer members - $24 from California Performance.My bike runs at a constant 14.5V when on the freeway, and up to 15.5V when the battery's a bit low.Reg/rec charges from 1400RPM, from www.electrexworld.com.
Thats exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for - but the link is dead

Does it have a brand / model number on it so I can try ebay?

Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks mate!

On the original topic - is this of any use ?

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/main/t...s.asp?prodid=3

Thermal Switch Range

0401 Thermatic Fan Switch – This mechanical switch is located next to the radiator and a copper probe is mounted inside the the radiator hose to detect the cooling system temperature. The thermal switch is adjustable from 40 degC to 100 degC and is connected to the ignition circuit for operation. The kit contains the thermal switch, mounting bracket a length of wire connectors and a rubber seal. This switch is suitable for operation with 12 and 24 Volt systems.[/align][/align]0402 Electronic Thermal Switch – This switch is provided with a probe to be mounted on the face of the radiator core to detect the temperature of incoming air. The thermal switch is adjustable from 40 degC to 99 degC and can be operated both thermally and also when the air conditioner is running. The kit contains the thermal switch/relay, mounting hardware, electric wiring, connectors and probe. This switch is only suitable for 12 Volts operation.[/align][/align]0404 Thermal Switch and Relay – This kit is the same as for the 0401 but includes an additional relay and wiring harness which will allow operation both thermally and when the air conditioner is running. This switch is only suitable for 12 Volts operation. [/align][/align]0409 Water Temperature Sensor Adaptor Kit – This new product will appeal to customers wishing to locate thermal switch/sensors directly and securely into the cooling system WITHOUT THE NEED TO ASSEMBLE THE CAPILLARY UNDER THE RADIATOR HOSE. This product comes in the form of a universal kit, which suits almost all cars and a wide range of thermo. switches available. The conversion needs 17mm cut out of the top radiator hose for the fitting to to be completed in minutes. This kit will suit Davies Craig Thermal Switches (part no. 0401 & 0404) and EWP Controllers (part no. 8010 &8020). It will also suit many other brands of thermal switches used for controlling electric fans.[/align]

Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll find the Google reference - give me a bit......

Old 12-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning all ,

Hey Shadow,

I will try to make some sense here as the wine was pretty good , and after the tally it eneded up by being one bottle per person, geez when the company is good and you have the time and don't have to drive it goes down easy....lol

Yes i did receive the cd's but it is giving me the error that my liscense is expired , i 'll have to look into that. For the manual switch very very easy, all you have to do is buy the switch that wish , and plug one of the wire on temperature swicth on the radiator and the other wire to the frame and voila! the overide is done, as for me I use a push button type, black and placed it where one of the screws of the inner fairing shows, looks like it was built in, never had a problem with the battery.

By the way enjoy the beautiful weather as i can only look at my bike in the garage, they are calling for 30cm(1 foot)of snow today!

Have a good day all

Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 AM

Thanks for trying, Steve,but this is the correct link for the voltmeter (and it works) he he
(tells me my links are suss) cheeky bugger !

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/...Category_Code=

The one Steve put up is for reg/rectifiers, but nice try, Steve !

Carl, sorry you had a problem.[X(][X(]

Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shadow,

Thanks for the info, i've learned something new today.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmm Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr **** ( Steve was right)[:@][X(]
I shall have SERIOUS words with Peter Houghton about his .com website [8D]
(He's the MD of Electrex, and a helluva good bloke)
But I did think we were talking about a voltmeter, not a reg/rec.
www.Electrex.co.uk (Errrrr)do make excellent units though, and stand by their guarantee.
I'll try and get it right next time, promise.........
(I'm sure Steve edited my post when I wasn't looking)
The link for the voltmeter's good, I double checked it.
Always a pleasure to help Imo ! (when I get it rght) he he (runs off blushing madly)