Can you post some photo's of how you made it fit. Thanks

Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by camdek
Battlax BT-021 Front Tire
Color - --, Size - 120/70ZR-17

Battlax BT-021 Rear Tire
Color - --, Size - 150/70ZR-17

This is what I went with and wow, the bike handles so much better. Again thanks for all your help everyone.
Sounds great! There is nothing better than a bigger contact patch for grip.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonCBR
If you permit Indiana, i will coorect the rim from 1990 and later will fit without changing the swingarm, only the right side spacer ,as for the fender you can use the inner fender of a 1990 and on and make it fit, i put 180 tire on mine and god let me tell you i do use it !, i will put some picture this week, in fact I am about to go and help melakur do the conversion. As for me i have puttted avon storm2 ultra on this baby and on the each side of the tire it is written storm, i am about to erase the lettering! If you wish to take a look atle a pic at my bike's pictures

Also the Avos are amazing tires cheapers than other brands they stick like glue, you always know what the bike is doing in the rain they are incredible, i caught myself going 140 in the rain, and they did not even move, i slowed down when i realized that, and best of all the bike is more lively and respond much better to inputs.. i had bt-21 before and i did not like them at all.

If you look at my post i made the recipe.

Good day to all!

Hi dragon ... can you tell me exactly how you did the rear wheel swap please? As I'm just about to change the tyres on my '88 'Cane and want wider tyres. I was going to use a 160/60/17 on the stock rear wheel, but I was hoping for something a bit wider! You said the later wheel fits and you only need to modify a spacer ... Is that right? Did you use the earlier stock brake disc and caliper? What did you use for the wheel spacer? .... Sorry to ask so many questions ... but I'm seriously thinking of doing this mod! ... Thanks

shakey

Old 08-15-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
Hi dragon ... can you tell me exactly how you did the rear wheel swap please? As I'm just about to change the tyres on my '88 'Cane and want wider tyres. I was going to use a 160/60/17 on the stock rear wheel, but I was hoping for something a bit wider! You said the later wheel fits and you only need to modify a spacer ... Is that right? Did you use the earlier stock brake disc and caliper? What did you use for the wheel spacer? .... Sorry to ask so many questions ... but I'm seriously thinking of doing this mod! ... Thanks

shakey
here it is;

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...t=79937&page=4

Here is the recepy

Front wheel

1mag front from a cbr1000f 1990 and on ( reason spokes are not the same and it would look weird)
1 new spacer for the left side of the wheel.
the right spacer is the same one ( i measured it).
1 sprocket cover from 1990and on.
one speedomeeter cable from 1990 and on.
After switching the disk it takes about 15 minutes to fit everything back together.

Rear wheel

1 mag fron a 1990 and up
1 new spacer for the right side of the wheel, the one between the bearing and the caliper holder ( discontinued)
you can get one made at a machine shop (will get that done during the winter), it needs to be 4mm wider tthan the stock one, if not you can use 4 1 mm washer, it won't move because the axle is static, so it is solid.
left side spacer is the same from on model year to the next so you don't need to buy one (wheel is straight and chain is aligned with sprocket).
put everything back together and voila u got yourself a souped up cbr1000f.
i'll take the pics this afternoon , the wife has been giving jobs around the house .....so to save my ...I better do them! [&:]

Shadow the wheel hugger would look weird and also you need to place the caliper holding arm holder differently so it won't fit.

I'll get a inner fender from a later model and a chaingard.

Also for te ones whom wants a smaller fender in front , the one from a vrf 1987 -1992 vfr should fit with no mods need and the bike looks great, see pics.

Here you go yoou should be able to do it.

Now i am looking iin replacing the front wheel from the br with a cbr1100xx to get the floating disk, if so , will they fir with the stick caliper?
if no i have to replace the forks, will they fit in the current triple clamp? and will the caliper fit with the master cylinders those are the questions i am looking answers for now,

Attached Thumbnails Need tires for `88 Hurricane-cbrwinn2010-4.jpg  

Last edited by DragonCBR; 08-15-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
OK I just bought a 1990 fender.

Can you post some photo's of how you made it fit. Thanks
à

Very easy Indiana, you just have to trim someof the tabs that are in the way the others should fall into place and beleive it is solid, but i did secue it with tie wraps just to make sure it would not move , also get a chanin gard from a 1990 and later , it is a str8 fit.