CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

hose on fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hose on fuel tank

Okay, I finished doing the valves, and when I was putting the tank back on I, for the life of me, cant figure out where one of the hoses goes. Its a black rubber hose that hooks into the right side about half way underneath the tank. Is it a vent line? Best I can figure is it just goes down between the battery and air box and points towards the ground??? Anyone know if its suppose to hookup to anything?

Also, the throttle seems a bit "stiff" when the wheel is hard over to the right. Is this normal? I removed the tank to see if something was twisted or binding, but it all looks good. I suppose there is quite a bit of pull on the cables at this angle.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Default RE: hose on fuel tank

ORIGINAL: GILL

Okay, I finished doing the valves, and when I was putting the tank back on I, for the life of me, cant figure out where one of the hoses goes. Its a black rubber hose that hooks into the right side about half way underneath the tank. Is it a vent line? Best I can figure is it just goes down between the battery and air box and points towards the ground??? Anyone know if its suppose to hookup to anything?

Also, the throttle seems a bit "stiff" when the wheel is hard over to the right. Is this normal? I removed the tank to see if something was twisted or binding, but it all looks good. I suppose there is quite a bit of pull on the cables at this angle.
There are only two hoses from the tank that connects to anything at the other end. One is the fuel hose and the other the petcock vacuum hose. Any other hoses are for ventilation or to drain overfilled fuel and should point towards ground. It may be wise not to exit them directly in front of the rear tyre.

Check that boththrottle wires have smooth bends and that none of them becomes clamped when the fuel tank is put back. I would not worry if the throttle were a bitstiffer when thefork is fully turned. It doesn't turn much during normal driving, just when making extreme parking manoeuvres. There should be some free play on the throttle bar to prevent the on/off-wires from fighting against each other.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:13 PM

Hi Gill,

I THINK that is a line that connects to your tank to disperse any gas spilled during fuel up. When you take off your gas cap, there is a little hole on the outer rim. It is there in case one overfills or has spillage. The only reason I know this is the guy that helped me do some work on my bike told me mine wasn't connected. Mine is an 88, yours may be different. Take a look under the tank for a spot it might fit.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Throttle shouldn't be stiff in any position. Cables not twisted.......?
Vent hose from filler cap area, but will pull tank tomorrow and let you know.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Agree with pfsnsd !
I posted some pictures of the hose in an earlier post...can't remember what post. Should be the hose that goes to the cap and drains overfilled gas/fuel.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:12 PM

Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure thats the vent hose for overfill's.

Shadow, dont pull your tank, I think I'm okay. Thanks for offering!

If I crank it hard right the throttle doesnt "snap" back like it does when its in the straight-ahead position. But if that is normal, then thats how it should be. Thanks all.