CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Haze Grey and under way!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haze Grey and under way!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Just a note to thank all the people I have hammered with questions over the past month or so. After a crash course in motorcycle repair. ( That book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair was NO help.) Well, after removing the carbs a dozen or so times to clean, un clog the jets, clean, adjust float height, blow out the jets, and of course clean. It ran WORSE!!!! So I pulled them out 1 more time. and on #3 ( the one that would not sync. very well) I found that the bottom of the 3 pc. jet had come un screwed and was in the float bowl. Now it runs pretty good. Lean though. Then to get it to go forward. I rebuilt/replaced the clutch. Cleaned and rebuilt the hydraulic side of the clutch, too. Now it rides. Now I am waiting for a moulded fuel line and fuel filter. I have a loop in the peice of plain hose I am using now. I think that is causing my lean condition. But it rides, just a little rough. I thought I would come on and thank you 1st time I got the chance..... been riding. I can't help it. It may foul the plugs ( thats what I've heard, but I will replace them.) After all of the work I think I deserve it.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Patrick.....[sm=burnout.gif]