CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Farkles

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farkles

I just bought a '96 CBR1000F (introductory post here) and I want to do a couple of farkles. I have a Garmin Quest 2 with a RAM mount, but I'm not seeing a really great place to mount this. Is there a way of mounting it to the steering stem nut? Is there anyone else using a GPS, if so how did you mount it?
Before I get jumped, yes I did a search first
Also I want to mount a fuse block (like a blue sea) to run all my farkles off of. This will be switched via a 30 amp automotive rely and will supply power to heated grips, the GPS, and probably one or two powerlet power outlets. Any good ideas where this can be mounted? I was thinking either under the top dash panel where the fuses are now (not sure on room) or in the tail behind the seat. Any thoughts? Oh yeah the one farkle that is on the top of my list is to replace the wimpy little girlie horn with a a magnum blaster (or two) 138 db unit(s). Powered off another dedicated 30 Amp relay, of course. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Default RE: Farkles

Don't know of any good place to mount the GPS, but as for the additional fuse block: there is gobs of room under the front fairing, including the fuse cover panel.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Default RE: Farkles

Thanks,
I haven't taken the fairing off yet, but I think I'll do that next week. I've got the wheels off now getting new tires. I'm going to put in new brake pads while the wheels are off. These are getting a little thin and I might as well kill two birds, so to speak. It's time to bleed the brakes anyway.