CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Several new farkles

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several new farkles

I've just completed some mods to the CBR. I installed a fuse block, two relays, Magnum blaster horns and mounted my GPS.
I updated my page with pictures and a simple how too for each farkle.
The horns are some serious shiznit! They are about the loudest devices this side of the Union Pacific railway locomotives! The fuse block powers two Powerlet (BMW style) sockets on each side of the lower fairing, one of which powers my GPS. The other is slated for a radar detector. Which sadly is a couple of days too late getting installed [:@]
Anyway I hope that this helps with others planning to add power and upgrade thier wimpy litttle stock horn.

http://home.comcast.net/~cbrpilot/Farkles.htm

Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Default RE: Several new farkles

Wow.. 50 views and not one comment....[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Anyway I added a couple of new mods. I put on some heated grips and a voltmeter - clock - thermomter.
That is if anyone cares.......

Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 AM

Nice write-up, and very detailed. I put some Stebel horns on my Suzuki and they work well. I can imagine how loud the Magnums are. On the clock/temp gauge, I'd like to hook one of the temp probes to myself. I went riding today in 95 degrees with mesh jacket and pants, but I was still boiling.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 AM

Ha... tell me about it! Riding home from work on Friday it was 97 out and I was in traffic downtown Seattle. I had my mesh gear on, but it was like sitting in an oven with all the cars and buildings around.
So what did I do when I got home? Installed heated grips, of course.... LOL
Next January I'll instal Air Conditioning......

Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM

Captain, nice work. I like how you wired in the socket to just plug the adapters in. I hooked up a radar detector on mine. I used a marine grade fuse box and I didn't want water (in case I ended up ridng in the rain) to come up between the rear cowling and the fender. I wired it in off the main key switch that way I wouldn't forget to turn anything off.

What I did find beneficial to the radar was that I separated the casing, and simply wired up to my headphones in my helmet. Molding and wiring in a set of headphone speakers was the best thing I could have done. The radar is also split into a 2.5 mm stereo jack into my creative zen 512mb mp3 player. Even at high speeds of greater than 100 you can hear both, but they don't affect ambient noises. Who needs an autocomm!

Nice work.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Captain Obvious

Wow.. 50 views and not one comment....[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Anyway I added a couple of new mods. I put on some heated grips and a voltmeter - clock - thermomter.
That is if anyone cares.......

Nice features ! The combined clock and voltmeter looks fine and the idea to use a car horn, if that's what it is, is great. I'll buy one horn to mine also too, even though the laser system seems to announce well enough. I might be wird on this, but having a loud exhaust on track sure inspires oneself and will keep others aware whats going on

Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 AM

I just came across this (i'm new here) and wanted to say thanks :-) cos I'm just thinking about installing a new LOUD horn on my CBR.

Cheers

Old 09-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Sweet add-ons. I'm deffinetly going to put in a better horn before I get my bike back together, the one that is there just isn't cuttin it.

MDFF