CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Engine's Strength

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds about right, after all most modern super bikes have more power better hadling . They do wheelies and stopies but thier still only as good as the *** on top. Most riders will never experience thier bikes true potential. I have been riding bikes for 34 years and the more I ride this bke the more I realise how true that is. Why worry about who's got the most power. When and if you can out ride the bike then think carefully about, if you need more. Why pay for a new superbike if you cant hadle what it's got to offer. The cane does all I want and more, so I guess what I'm trying to say is just enjoy it and be happy, after all we have got one of the most balanced bikes and at a fraction of the cost of the new bikes.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Exactly, wolf. These bikes are no slouch, either. Plus, how would you ever do 1300+ miles on a new superbike in a weekend? There's just no way, you'd be half dead. I feel 100% right now. No sore azz, back, or hands... nothing. I could do it all again tomorrow. There's so much to be said for a great balance of everything. Few bikes have it.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM

That was good ride out bud, was it just for the jollies or did you go some were and back?Sounds like you had fun any way, good on ya and your dead right about doing it on a super bike. They would have to straighten you out after that. personally I do those sort of mile on my other bike. Not because the cane cant but because the wing does it with even more comfort. My longest ride in a day was from Oxford to Millan in 1 day. That was on the wing and apart from being tierd I was able to walk without sticks and a back brace.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah, great time. Rode down to Tennessee from Pennsylvania and then all over the place for a few days. I left here around 330pm and got to camp around 230am or so...
I'm actually surprised at how good I feel. I expected to be in pain at least somewhere. The longest trip I did on the cane was just less than half that in a day, and my hands were sore the next day. I think the new gel pro-grips helped a lot, even tho I didn't think they would.
But yeah, the wing must be like riding a sofa!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:43 AM

It's great for those long journey's especialy when I go away camping cos they lady likes the extra luxuries the trailer allows me to carry. The cbr has Krauser removable panniers and rack so for work and hotel weekends and of coarse those fun days out,when I'm playing with the sports bike brigade. Some of which dont like the fact that this 22 years old bike and 50 year old rider can keep up and some times leave them standing. This proves to be a constant source of entertainment. Bless um, these young powerangers dont like being shown a back wheel