CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Don't you hate it when.... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/dont-you-hate-when-132196/)

grendl 11-22-2011 04:45 PM

As always good advice boyz. Thanx, I plan to do this before season starts

Sprock 11-22-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1114192)
[ ] A-Makes a lot of sense
[ ] B-Makes little sense
[ ] C-Changing a perfectly good batteries is costly
[ ] D-What in gods name has Trout done to you? (it would be funny however)
[x] E-Both C and D apply

grendl, there is a lot of info. Check the How To section first.

[F] .....missed the part about bad R/R 's cooking off batteries have we ? :) lol

TimBucTwo 11-23-2011 10:27 AM

This is from their ad, "Our ESR230 has a built in over-current and over-temperature safety circuit built in as part of the design which prevents failure due to a bad field rotor."

I was going to order one but I couldn't stomach $10 shipping for such a small item.

malbojah 11-23-2011 10:49 AM

I hate it when I'm stuck in stopped traffic for 20 minutes in Boston and just as the flow picks up, the bike dies because the cooling fan was running non-stop and I was moving @ 3mph through the Tip O'Neil Tunnel.

Let me tell you, pushing this bike up a hill (on interstate 93, during rush hour) just so I could bump start it on the way down is not fun. Only good thing was I was pushing my bike up the hill faster than traffic was moving.

Sprock 11-23-2011 02:18 PM

Pushing it - ya still may have been going faster than traffic tho' Malbo :)

But all told that would surely suck !

bicklebok 11-23-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1114797)
This is from their ad, "Our ESR230 has a built in over-current and over-temperature safety circuit built in as part of the design which prevents failure due to a bad field rotor."

I was going to order one but I couldn't stomach $10 shipping for such a small item.

You must be my twin brother! I'm the same way when buying stuff on line! LOL

bicklebok 11-23-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by malbojah (Post 1114804)
I hate it when I'm stuck in stopped traffic for 20 minutes in Boston and just as the flow picks up, the bike dies because the cooling fan was running non-stop and I was moving @ 3mph through the Tip O'Neil Tunnel.

Let me tell you, pushing this bike up a hill (on interstate 93, during rush hour) just so I could bump start it on the way down is not fun. Only good thing was I was pushing my bike up the hill faster than traffic was moving.

When my RR went out 2 weeks ago I finally pushed it to the crown of a small hill which was just down the street from my home. I thought once I was on the downside of the little hill I could get one last push and hop over the seat and coast the rest of the way home. I was so out of breath from pushing it off the main highway and up the hill, when I got that big pushing run down the small hill I tried to throw my leg over the seat and hit my leg on the rear peg and almost lost the bike. I think my saddle bag was in the way too, so I never got my leg over the seat. Cut my leg pretty bad too.

My wife was standing in the driveway as she always does waiting on me to come home from work. When I saw her all I could do was lift my visor and yell down the street, " come push!" LOL