CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Does anyone ever get sick of having so much power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Bucket List ...... "Mad Sunday" at the IOM TT on one of my Hurricanes or any Hurricane for that matter.....something I dream off doing someday before the Reaper shows up ! You can go as fast as your bike will take ya
Hey:

I done it on my CBX 6 and my old CBX750F its fun and dangerous at the same time as some doinks went the wrong way around and nearly hit folks head on going the right way.
I wanted to to do a race on my CB11000R, but couldn't get licensed in time, the cane would be great fun, but I hated the Ferry ride there from the UK mainland, seemed to take forever and was way crowded making it worse. I would love to get back to the IOM TT again, great times and great fun back then, but none of my buds that could swing it ride sporting bikes now, just HDs and Wings, if they ride at all. Buds with the ZX14s And Busas would never go as they think the Drags are all to end all. I couldn't even talk them to going to Loudon, NH with me for a free track day...Oh well maybe someday again.

Dub

Old 09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well then let me know if your ever planning on a Tony's Day in Loudon it's about
35 mins from here ! ..... Buddy of mine was at NASCAR there today .

Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA! Hmm I think you should avoid intersections!

As soon as I replace the clutch springs it's booked into the 1/4 mile, I don't think it's the sort of bike I'd take to a track day, though It would be nice to get the peg feelers into the ground, I haven't managed that on public roads yet...

I rode with the girl over 400 K's this weekend, and the CBR used less fuel than her 2fiddy. I was obviously riding to slow.

TIm.

Originally Posted by hmm
I ride 17 miles into Central London every weekday. 130ps is useful for:
1. traffic light burn-ups with the scooter-riders who ride like absolute a55holes with their silly leg-covers and their helmet straps flapping loose;
2. the traffic light burn-up with the Ferrari driver who thought he could beat bikes away from the lights - I knew he was trying because I could hear his engine over mine;
3. making cyclists jump as you blast past them after they've just cut in front of you to ride straight through a red light;
4. making pedestrians jump as you rev up ready to take off from the lights as they start to cross the road when they shouldn't;
5. accelerating briskly into gaps in the traffic to avoid the bus/truck coming the other way;
and most importantly:
6. accelerating out of sticky situations, e.g. where you see the nose of a car emerging from between stationary traffic about to turn right across you.

Hey, you've got to make the most of a repetitive, stressful ride in heavy traffic!