CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Corbin seat options

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin seat options

Those of you with a corbin seat,do you have the Gunfighter or the gunfighter & lady version?
http://www.corbin.com/honda/9095cbr1000.shtml

What are the welts?

I dont often have a passenger but I think the Gunfighter & Lady version looks more true to form...

The Aussie $ is up around 80c which is the highest it's been in years so nows a good time to import...

Does anyone with the Gunfighter version find they slip back on it?

Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Default RE: Corbin seat options

I have the Gunfighter with the exact color scheme as is pictured and I really like the seating position. I've had both and I like this one the best.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

I don't have a corbin seat, but did find a Glossary on their site that explains some of the terminology.
http://www.corbin.com/glossary/

Old 01-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Does the seat improve leg room at all? Do you sit into the bike better?
Cheers

Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the effort but it turns out there is no distributor for them in Australia anymore so I'm going to get the OE re done - sigh...

I wonder if they'll send me one for free if I pretend to be interested in becomming a distributor... impossible!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 AM

They show up on ebay from time to time. First one I got was for US$68, but it had a tear in it. Still lasted 3 years. Second one was for US $180 in new condition. I still have the first one if you want to have that one reconditioned..

Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Triangle, In your original post, the welts are the red piping inthe gun fighter and lady saddle in the link. That is the one that I have. I love mine. I am 73 inches (6'1") long legged. The Honda saddle sucks. No more wedgies and more room to move around.

Talk to a bike shop or two and have them get one for you. If they can make money on it, they will get you one.

I never cared for the looks of the gunfighter on any bike. My older brother has one and I don't like it. I am like you. I like the old school look. Also, if you do have a rider, the gunfighter and lady will be much better for the passenger and yourself as the passenger will not be ramming up against you as they do with the stock saddle. I have asked my lady friends if they like the ride and they say yes.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: TimBucTwo

the passenger will not be ramming up against you as they do with the stock saddle. I have asked my lady friends if they like the ride and they say yes.
i grew up in northern new york....a good amountof the ladies from up there where the winters are long and cold, can build up alot of momentum and do some damage while riding on a stock seat...lol

Old 01-04-2007, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: hurricane1000
i grew up in northern new york....a good amountof the ladies from up there where the winters are long and cold, can build up alot of momentum and do some damage while riding on a stock seat...lol
+145ish on that one . You jam the brakes they jam your.... well you know.

MDFF

Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM

I have printed out the picture of the Gunfighter & Lady seat, so that I can take it down to the local Upholster and see what they can do so I will let you know how much they want to sting me. As I cant seem to find anyone in Australia either, I would like to get that lip on the back of the seat so that my wife doesnt need to get off my shoulders when I have to stop suddenly. I have purchased her a Air Hawk seat they work well for comfort but long distance you need to be held into the seat expecially for the pillion I feel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7739/412D7C2B3183456AA509D079EE227EC6.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Corbin seat options