CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

CBRF Decals

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbr1000f94
I have begun working on a logo design for the "R.O.T.M." I see that "garyboy_palaboy" won. Congratulations to him! What a beautiful transformation. I think he took a photo of every angle including the beautiful model..... Every angle except a photo of the front of the bike! LOL! What model, year and body work is he using?
Sorry, I don't know the answers But our ROTY winner for 2008 Red600RR has a crap load of pictures in the ROTY voting thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Ya, that is why my ideeer was to use ROTY winners bike. That way the whole forum kinda gets to say what bike will be on the decal. Too much hassle to try and do each ROTM winner.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
I understand Gregg... and that's fine ..but I think yu missed my drift..

I was not promoting the use of any actual real picture ..... but instead , a general effigy of sorts that represents a late model CBR ....
That way the sticker would be timeless sortta mate ..

but anyway ...this reply will make 3 cents worth.!
..om over spending here ...LOL

O I C -- at first I thought maybe you thought I was wanting each ROTM winner to have his/her personal bike on a decal. Which of course is not the case. And I understand using a generic late model CBR for a design, but considering the original ROTY reward was the banner (which we still can't get right ) I was thinking maybe ROTY could get his/her bike on a ROTM decal.

Anyway, when our graphics edumacated friend gets it just right I'll know it

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a great idea to have a sweet ROTM decal made for the winners. Something generic, of course, that wouldn't have to be a custom pita every month, but something for people to want to strive for.....

Now for the ROTY decal.... I think it should be something special, maybe with a pic of steve's face on it?
The only question would be whether to use a pic with his old, wild hairstyle or his new military cut?
Everybody would want one of those....

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-08-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Talking awe pull it out of me will ya

Hey ya know Dylan.........Garyboy's was a great win close and all as it was

But

You of all people should not forget the other end of the scale......and I'll be nominating you for that one, 2nd ed by ........well by just about anybody......could be a one off ( ****bike of the Century) SOTC..........might as well just have him go ahead with the yellow and black scheme since you absolutely have this won, easy to do I'd say all you need is one of the yellow and black decals and a butane torch ..........I'm crying really.. *****

Need a kleenex there's still a bit near .......oh well never mind it'll rub off on the pillow case

Maybe just maybe this should qualify for POTW !

Last edited by Sprock; 08-07-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator - Retired

Uh oh.... looks like sprock may have finished a WHOLE white wine spritzer this time! He's spouting off even more jumbled BS than usual....

But seriously, sprock... I could probably light my bike on fire and push it off a cliff, and it would STILL be less of a turd than yours.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Default SOTC........goes to

Hah hah hah .............that's it ............nothing jumbled about it. Okay maybe yours
is not the worst .......in fact no CBR is ........so Gino's Kawasaki will have to suffice.

But it was a great post...........oh yes it was

Last edited by Sprock; 08-08-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Administrator - Retired

Well, gino deserves that title for sure (as well as some others, me thinks...)

However, I still think my idea of a ROTY decal with steve's mug on it is a good one.

Hear me out...

It could be modeled after a RATM (Rage against the machine) decal!

Say my name was "bombtrack" instead of "kilgoretrout".
Just replace Che's face with Steve's, add "CBRForum Ride of the Year"....... and you have a bad **** decal!!!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-08-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: CBRF Decals